Posts by de_montsoreau

HI Sweetcups, it is difficult to give you advice on how many boxes you need, as we have now way of knowing how many orders you will get.However, a little tip: ryepac .co.uk (remove the spcae) has a very good and affordable selection of boxes, also on a lager scale (packs of 100, 200 etc.)I would start with a small amount of boxes and then oder larger numbers once you get a better feel for the numbers your clients order.Good luck!!
Oh yeah, tell me about it. It's not so much barns and fields over here, but old , oh so romantic castles which are perched up on hills with steep-one-way-needle-curved-cobblestone streets leading to them. I love it when my car is practically vertical and you have to hold on to the steering wheel for pure live, sweating even more than the cake in the back.Very popular are also old vinyards somewhere in the deeeep countryside (just had that yesterday) with just dirtroads...
A big cheer from across the Atlantic for you! You rock!My boyfriend can't distinguish between flour and powdered sugar and he lives with a professional decorator - me!And yes, in wedding season, Thursday and Friday nights are usually spent awake or with just a couple of hours sleep...
Fresh pineapple contains an enzyme that does not go well with dairy products, especially milk and cream. The enzyme will break down the fats in milk/cream.Would be interested to hear how the CC's turned out.Use canned pineapple the next time, the enzyme has been killed by the sterilisation process and the sugar
Great thread to revive!The first thing that came to my mind - Tinkerbell!
I use the tool that is originally for shaping melon balls. Works great with cupcakes, too . You can either cut of the "cap" and put it back on the Cupcake after filling or simply ice over as already mentioned.
It's great that you found someone else who wants and will appreciate the cake. All those details!! So much work!! Your ex-and-never-to-be-again-customer clearly needs to see someone who can help her.Even if you had to keep the cake, in your shoes I would have eaten loooooots of it, given some to neighbours and friends who deserve some nice stuff and would have taken the opportunity to take some nice pictures of the cut cake, displaying how nice and yummy it looks. Just...
Forget Germany and Berlin - we are aeons behind on any cool cake stuff. What we have we import from the US or the UK...
I let mine rest for about 20 minutes, that does the trick with the "hump".Otherwise I find it important that the egg/sugar mixture is really creamy and nearly white in colour before you add the other ingredients and they should be folded in by hand.HTH, have fun baking them!
It looks like the 3 lower tiers are the same size, same for the 2 top tiers, with only a 1" difference between them.If you do the suggested tier sizes, the cake will have quite a different look - just to keep that in mind Otherwise I agree with all previous posters - pillars will not work with this style and even if they would, I would not consider it.