Posts by CakesbyMichele

Thanks everyone.  I just hate to piss people off.  She also asked me for a recommendation as to where to go for a cake!  Yikes.  I think she's mad also because the wedding venue is at a winery in the middle of nowhere.  The closest city that would make cakes is an hour away.  I am 2 hours.  So I think I was probably the only stupid one to agree to go that far so I think they are going to have trouble finding someone to deliver that far.  I will apologize again and refer...
I had a woman email me several times in regard to her future DIL wedding cake.  I have another cake booked that day and had told her that if I did the cake I would have to deliver at "x" time due to another delivery.  This woman was okay with this.  This cake would be 2 hours away one way for me which is longer than I like to take a cake, but was open to doing it.  Email went back and forth a few times over the course of a couple weeks. In the meantime, I had another...
Thanks for the advise.  I bought the 6 plate just to have it big enough.  I need it for 70 cupcakes plus a 8" & 6" cake on top.  I will definitely set up on site and make sure no one moves the stand!  I thought the silicon dots were going to be self adhesive because there was paper on one side.  When I peeled the paper off, there is no stick.  It's just smooth on both sides so I'm at a loss.  I may email the company but I emailed them about something else and haven't...
Yes, the round clear silicone dots are what they call the feet.  I just put the stand together for a trial run and it seems to be fine without the feet so I don't think I even need them.  It also seems that one of the posts where you put the screws in is crooked but if I leave that one out, the stand is straight.  Have you liked the stand?  I had another one that didn't screw in and it would never stay straight.  This one seems straight and secure.  I'm just worried if I...
I just bought this stand and it comes with 4 feet but they don't stick on the stand.  Does anyone else have this stand and know what to do with the feet?  All the directions say is to place the feet to the underside of the bottom disc but they're small round acrylic feet against an acrylic plate.  The directions say no glue necessary.  I just don't know what to do with these feet and how to make them stay on the plate.  Do I even need them?  If anyone else has this stand...
I'm starting to look into a 2nd legal kitchen at home.  For those who have one, what advise to you have? Where did you get equipment?  Did you get used or new equipment?  Any advise would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks!
Uuughh!  I hate the slow time of year!  Orders are very slow right now.  Is anyone else having this issue?  What do you do during the slow times?  I'm trying to figure out more ways to contact future brides.
Hi Everyone,  I'm looking for a clear round cupcake stand to hold 70 cupcakes and an 8" and 6" round cake on top.  I don't like the stand I currently have.  It is the acrylic center post one.  It just never stays straight.  I was looking for suggestions on one that is sturdy yet affordable.  Thanks for your help.
I have been using AP Flour in the original WASC recipe but was wondering if cake flour would be better.  Has anyone used both?  Which works better in the WASC recipe?  Thanks!
I've been using the WASC recipe since May and love it.  The last few times I have made cakes the tops are getting really dark and hard, almost burnt.  The last time I used a heating core and lower the temp to 325 with the same thing happening!  Does anyone know what is causing this to happen now and it never did before?  I have an electric oven.  Is it possible the stove is starting to die?  Once I trim, the inside seems fine.  The corners on the square cake is a bit...