Posts by NatalieC923

Congratulations!!
Since you already know SMBC, how about a white chocolate SMBC or add white chocolate to your other buttercream (maybe with a little less vanilla). I love white chocolate and raspberry.
Many cottage food laws don't require insurance, but even if it is not required you might want to check into it anyway. In this sue-happy society, it can't hurt to have product liability insurance which protects you from claims that you made someone sick for instance. Given the type of goods, it is highly unlikely that you would make someone sick, but that doesn't necessarily stop someone from claiming it. Given the low risk, this type of insurance is not usually over the...
Hi mightydragon663,I'm about 15 miles outside of Boulder, so pretty close to you!
Hi vgcea,I put my recipe in twice - once for cupcakes and once for cakes. There may be a better way, but I'm new at this too. So I have a recipe that makes 2 - 8" x 2" layers and 30 cupcakes. So I put the recipe in once as a cake and listed 24 servings (the Wilton chart shows 8" cake at 24 servings), then I put it in again as cupcakes and listed 30 servings. When you make an order for a 10" cake you will have to say how many recipes you have to make for that cake (probably...
Try this (from their website):Alternate methods of contact:CakeCentral.com members - send a Private Message to "kelleym"You might also try posting your actual question, I know there are a lot of users that might be able to help. I'm a light user, but getting more involved since I've recently spent the time to learn how to cost my recipes -- a HUGE time saver.
Hi arodbabe20,I'm in Colorado, so until very recently we didn't even have a chance of being able to cook legally from home (there is a law pending that would change that). So I had to rent a kitchen space, get insurance, pay for a retail food license, get a sales tax license, etc. I don't know the law in your location, but you will have to do at least some of this. You'll need to get a sales tax license for instance, and you may still have to have pay for a food license....
tigachu - Thanks! I'm glad you found something helpful. It has helped me solidify my thinking as well.And thanks everyone for all the good lucks and well wishes! I am so excited, and I really do believe that good thoughts can create good things.
Hi CP09,I am currently in a very similar stage of my research, so I completely understand. I didn't want to just make up how much I might sell or go with what I hoped to be true, so I started looking into market research. What I found is that there are a couple of methods to gather some of the data. First look at your neighborhood demographics and find out the population, income level, etc. You can use sites like city-data.com and your local chamber of commerce to get...
I think including the certificates at the end would be fine, but I really just wanted to wish you luck!!