Posts by cardicard

Hi, It might be an idea to make a thomas cake it will give me the basics for the shape etc, could you please email me the details if you don't mind.Thanks
Has anyboby any instructions on how to make a sugar paste thomas the tank engine? I need to make a sugar paste model of one for the 19th Feb,I have tried copying the pictures from the gallery, but i just don't know where to start. Any advice would be greatly appriciated.
thanks, i will have a go doing it both of these ways as i think they look really nice. thanks for replying
I JUST WANT TO SAY THAT MAYBE THE LADY WHO SAID THAT THEY WERE CUTE WAS JUST PLAIN IGNORANT.I HAVE ONLY BEEN DECORATING CAKES FOR ABOUT 5/6 MONTHS AND I NEVER REALISED HOW MUCH WORK AND EFFORT THAT WENT IN TO IT.I COULD REALLY CRINGE NOW WHEN I THINK OF TIMES IN THE PAST WHEN I HAVE BEEN ASKED WHAT I THOUGHT OF A CAKE SOMEONE HAS MADE. MY COMMENT WAS USUALLY SOMETHING LIKE " OH YEAH REALLY NICE "I FEEL A TOTAL IDIOT NOW.I NEVER IMAGINED THE AMOUNT OF WORK AND SKILL THAT...
Thanks for mentioning the loop i forgot that bit.
I always use a straw if i am inserting 1 wire or a posy pick if more, if the pick is to big i put in a small ball of sugar paste and then insert the wires into it. It stops the wires moving about.Are you asking how to attach the sugar paste shapes to the wires?just in case you are, I roll out the paste thick enough to insert the wire, then i dip the end of the wire into the sugar glue and insert carefully into the shape and then lay it flat to dry.I have only been doing...
Whats mff? Sorry never heard of it.
Can anyone come up with some ideas please, i have been asked to make a square cristening cake for about 30 people. It is for a four year old girl and they want sponge bob and thomas the tank engine on it.I haven't a clue and i want it to be really nice as i am going to be the little girls godmother. Any advice would be great.I made my daughter a fruit cake for xmas. She never used it then and decided to cut it today, i told her not to eat the icing as it was made on 20th...
I made my daughter a baby shower cake and covered it with mmf, everybody loved it. I was really surprised as nobody seems to have heard of it. I have spoken to quite a few cake decorators at my local college in Herefordshire, UK. where i am attending a sugar paste flower making course and even my local cake decorating supply shop, they haven't heard about it either.So i have got the recipe i used from here and have been handing them out so hopefully i can convert a few to...
could anyone please give me some advice on what to use to hold up a sponge top for a carousel cake, i would like just a center support. The top will be a 7x2 inch sponge. There will be 4 thin dowels going through it, the weight of 3mm ribbon with tiny hearts attached.I will be decorating the cake in two days so any help will be very welcome.