Posts by cardicard

how do you do a diamond pattern on fondant, is it an embossing mat or is it done some other way? i would be grateful for any advice, thanks http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1588666.htmli am not sure if this is how you get to see the cake i am refering to, if not the cake is of a childs bed and done by cooke13
i always cut the stars about 4-5 mm thick, make a small hook at the end of 28 gauge wire, dip in the glue and then thread the wire (not hook end ) very gently into the star and pull untill the hook is about the center of the star. lay the star down to dry. you must make sure the hook is very tiny. i have always done it this way and have never had a problem. if the star is to thick i find it is very heavy for the wires and it looks nicer if you can do it as thin as...
hi, i would like to appologize to you all for my post on the 7th Feb, i used capital letters, i didn't realize that capital letters meant that i was shouting.
thank you all for your replys.
i would like to appologise for using capital letters, i have just found out it means you are shouting.
thanks i will try it
Hi, i would love the recipe for caramel sauce.
I WILL SEE IF I CAN GET IT THANK YOU
I MADE A PETAL SHAPED CAKE FOR MY MOTHER-IN-LAWS BIRTHDAY TODAY AND WHEN I PUT ON THE FONDANT THERE SEEMED TO BE AN EXCESS OF IT ON THE SIDES WHEN I TRIED TO SMOOTH IT, I HAVE ONLY DECORATED ROUND AND SQUARE CAKES BEFORE AND I REALLY STRUGGLED WITH THIS SHAPE.HAS ANYONE GOT ANY TIPS PLEASE?
THANKS FOR THE INSTRUCTIONS, THEY WILL BE REALLY HELPFUL.I HAVE LOOKED AT YOUR CAKE PICTURES THEY ARE AMAZING.