Posts by writersblock15

I make my own dulce de leche. It takes a while to make but if you can't find it canned in the store, try this recipe.http://www.joyofbaking.com/DulceDeLecheRecipe.html
Go onto wordpress.com and search tags: cookie, cake, baking, chocolate, etc. Many baking blogs will come up.
Go onto wordpress.com and search tags: cookie, cake, baking, chocolate, etc. Many baking blogs will come up.
Thanks for all of your help. I outlined the cookies in black let them dry overnight and then flooded in white. They turned out perfect! I posted a picture of them.
I didn't buy one yet, but, I saw an art projector that looked very similar to Kopykake in Michael's craft store. It was about the same price although Michaels offers 40% off coupon's every week in the Sunday newspaper and on their website at michaels.com. If you wait until the Christmas season, they offer 50% coupons.
I'm making cookies for a friend who just got her black belt in karate. The cookie will be a white karate uniform outlined with black and a black belt across the waist. Here's my concern. In the past, when I have outlined cookies in black and filled with white, the black color runs into the white. This happened even though I let the black icing dry completely.Any helpful advice would be appreciated.
I've kept it in the fridge up to 2 weeks. Unless I know I will definitely be using the dough within 2 weeks, I usually freeze it right away.
Exactly how I feel. I like the taste of cake balls but hate the mushy texture. A few people who sampled them thought it was raw cake inside so now I have to tell everyone it's supposed to be mushy.
Before investing in a Kopykake I would like to know how well it works on small projects like cookies. I don't do much in the way of cake decorating so I'm wondering if it's worth purchasing just for cookies.
Try Rock candy. I don't have a recipe but you can google it.