Posts by writersblock15

I don't know about your recipe but here's one that does dry hard.Meringue Powder Buttercream from Karenscookies.net 1/3 cup water 3 T. meringue powder ½ cup shortening 4 ½ cups powdered sugar (1 lb. 3 oz. If you have a scale) 1 tsp. vanilla extract (use clear vanilla if you want a pure white icing) ¼ tsp. almond extractPlace half of the powdered sugar and the meringue powder in the bowl of an electric mixer. Whisk together well. Turn on mixer (use whip...
I live in the Philly suburb of Bucks County. Around me there is: Peddler's Village in Lahaska has a kitchen store which sells Ateco pastry tips and bags. KP Kitchen Crafts, 222 South York Rd, Hatboro, PA. Herb's Hobbies and Crafts has some cake decorating supplies, 200 West State St. in Doylestown. Oasis Supply in Bensalem has a large selection. I don't know their exact address but their website is oasissupply.com and they have a retail outlet store and a showroom.The...
99% of the time I bake from scratch. For two reasons. First, I don't like the ingredients listed on the box of the average brands of cake mix. My rule of thumb is, if I can't pronounce it, I don't want it in my cake. There are some high quality cake mixes made with all natural ingredients found in health food stores or the health food section of the grocery store but they are much more expensive than making it from scratch.Second, making my cakes from scratch allows me...
If you mail across state line, there may be more regulations so be sure to check that out.
That's an interesting idea. I'll have to try it.
Need some ideas for cake pops I'm making. Other than cake buttercream frostings, what else have you used to bind the cake together? I would like to use whipped chocolate ganache and was wondering if anyone has tried it.
I would love to have it as well. cinnamonsweetshoppe@verizon.net
Never mind. I found it herehttp://iambaker.net/pink-cake-2
Is there a tutorial on how to do the petal piping technique used in this photo?http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2242755/valentinesbirthday-cake
I bought Wilton's sugar paper at Michael's using their 50 percent off coupons they kept sending over the holidays. So I got them for $2 per sheet and each sheet covers 4 heart cookies. They will be receiving 4 cookies in addition to a cupcake but only one cookie will decorated with sugar paper so it amounts to $.50 each for the paper.