Posts by Tacy09

Ya its been a crazy day of talking with banks, fraud departments, online companies! Ugh its been a disaster, but it does look like its getting handled, in the mean time I have to make extra money to live on, not that I need a lot but definetly have bills to pay! Hopefully its just a bad week and better things are around the corner!
So I have been running a home based bakerys for about 3 years now. I interned for 2 years and when the woman I worked with retired I'v been on my own, things are ok (its feast or famine). This week however has really gotten me down, I have always wanted to open a store front, but I'm marrying a farmer so I knew I would have to put that dream on hold untill we had more capital. But now I have gotten a call from the bank saying what little money I did have (iv paid off...
Ok so I have seen many people on here talking about their online business. I have also seen people selling good on places like etsy.com and was just wondering how it all works. I'd like to expand my sales and this seems like another avenue to do it, but I was just curious if there were any tips or tricks yall had/ how you did it? For example is there a certain carrier you use ( ups,usps, fed ex) and what kind of garuntee do you offer since so much is out of your...
Ok so this is kinda a vent, kinda just an observation. I have several wedding schedualed and most of them were books almost a year or more in advance (which while nice, as it gives me tons of time to get prepared it seems almost extreme) and here lately Iv been booking more that are 3-4 months out (this is what usually happens to me). But then all of a sudden I have people calling wanting to do a tasting this week and are getting married next saturday (Im not kidding its...
I live in southern Iowa as well,and have been doing cakes/ pastries for about 3 years now. I took the very first wilton course, but hated it! It wasnt the kind of cakes I wanted to do. So I sent out and email to every bakery I could find, asking about an internship. One said yes and I interned for about a year (and boy did I learn a ton). I have been running a business out of my home for about a year now and am in the process of wholesaling and opening a bakery. My best...
So Im not sure if this is in the right topic area but hopefully someone know. Iv been asked to make 8 dozen cake pops for St. Patrick's Day, Iv never made cake pops before only cake balls, and when I do that I usually crumble cake and a little frosting up, then roll the balls and stick them in the fridge for a bit before I decorate and all that. My question is what is the best way to make cake pops, should I bake them in little brownie tins with the stick in them or freeze...
thanks guys, yall have some good ideas/ advice! While I dont mind designing/ talking with customers about cakes it seems like I need a full time secretary! The wedding cakes are the easiest ones it seems people meet with me give me their ideas/ colors we come up with a design and done....but the birthday/ graduation cakes are about to make me nuts. Its to the point of Im thinking about making a fee if you have changed your design more then 2 times! They constantly want...
Hi, so I have been doing cakes for about 3 years now and things are going really good. I price per serving and this usually works out fine for weddings or other big events (like 50th anniversaries, ect) however for smaller birthdays it seems like pricing this way almost makes the ordering process more work for people. So I am trying to come up with different "packages" people can choose from ( I think this will make the whole process a little less painful for myself as...
I had my 21st birthday in december, it was nothing huge my family and my boyfriends family went to a "bar" (this is in a town of less than 100 people, and they serve great food as well as have play areas for kids). I made my own cake (the teal, silver and yellow one in my gallery) for several reasons. 1. I could design whatever I wanted 2. if I messed up nobody would need a refund.....and 3. Im a really picky eater (I dont like choclate cake, or friut for example) so it...
While I have never done a "bridal" show I have done other things as a vendor, and the most I have paid is $100.00, However I know that some of the bridal shows around here can cost $600 to be a vendor at (I live in Iowa). I would be careful thought, while I hope its the total opposite for you I have not had good luck at those things, usually if I break even thats amazing, and I have done about 6 different things the past year and havent gotten one order out of it...but...