Posts by cakelady1958

I personally would not do it. As long as you have confidence in your work, politely decline telling her that you are extremely busy finalizing her cake as well as others and your normal policy is to take pictures once the cake is delivered and set-up...not before. But guarantee her that she will love her cake.... 
I keep getting error 404 when trying to look at recipes and forum entries from a search!! Also I am missing some photos from my gallery...
Montanakate I have the same interest as you...how to get all the air bubbles out of my buttercream. Am I over-whipping it or do I need to add more liquid?
Candyland is the only place that carries the sleeves where I live....never heard of Bettercreme. I suppose its better than buttercream???
Had the same problem...just went ahead and cut the nails which I hated to do because I always get compliments on my hands...sacrifices....sacrifices...what we do for cake...
Thanks for your suggestions. I will try the planks. Have to get started tonight...wish me luck
I forgot to add I was talking about the best way to cover the cake with fondant.
What's the best way to cover a cake made to look like a barrel? Should I cut it in strips, score it, attach it to the cake then paint it to look like wood or should I roll it out with a bit of tylose, score it and then wrap it around the cake vertically? Thanks for anny helpful suggestions....
Me too...I also use both depending on the flavor and the texture needed for carving the cake and no one seems to know the difference but if they ask I'm always truthful....
I also made one using the soccer ball pan and Wilton Wonder molds for the breast.