Posts by sweetfavs

I have to make cupcakes for a wedding. They will be covered in buttercream and then have fondant flowers and hearts on top. I did a test and the problem is when I put the fondant flowers on and then cover the cupcakes in an airtight container, the flowers literally wilted. My question is how long can cupcakes sit out uncovered without getting stale and dry?
I have to make cupcakes for a wedding. They will be covered in buttercream and then have fondant flowers and hearts on top. I did a test and the problem is when I put the fondant flowers on and then cover the cupcakes in an airtight container, the flowers literally wilted. My question is how long can cupcakes sit out uncovered without getting stale and dry?
Thank you so much for the advice. I was going to start over, but I didn't. You were right, the cake was still great and I got lots of wonderful compliments. Thank you again.
I have pretty much figured out that I will need to start over, but here goes...I have several large cakes to make for the weekend. I usually bake on day 1, decorate on day 2 and deliver on day 3. This time I tried to help myself out time wise and baked and decorated on day 1 leaving day 2 open for another cake and then delivering on day 3. Then I got a call from the customer. The surprise shower has been moved back 2 days. Ugh! The cake is done, it's beautiful. It took me...
I need help. I use marshmallow fondant and I need to cut some specific style lettering out of it. When I try to cut it with an exacto knife the fondant starts to bunch up. I see such great cutouts here on this website all the time, can someone please tell me the secret?