Posts by SoonerGirl1968

You should be able to get it at pretty much any baker's supply store. I've had it for a while but just used it this past weekend on a cake. I actually ran it through my laser printer (no one is going to eat it anyway...), tore it to make it look old and painted it with thinned coloring. The cake I used it on was posted earlier if you want to see what it looks like painted. Good luck with your cake!
Thank You!! I was wondering if they were in stores yet but you've answered my question. I'm going to give it a shot because no matter HOW I TRY, I cannot for the life of me get gumpaste/fondant/sugarveil to work in my cricut. I don't have the cake cricut - just the regular one but still no success. I am so jealous of all the cakes I see with beautiful cricut designs. Maybe with the sugar sheets I will finally have some luck. I will also go check out icing images sheets.
Has anyone used the Wilton sugar sheets? Did you use a punch or can you use them in a cricut? I've never seen them until today when I stumbled across them on the internet. I have some of the cricut icing sheets and haven't used them yet but from what I have read they are brittle and difficult to use. Just wondering if the Wilton sheets were the same and if anyone has tried them.
OK. I "think" I understand... So they want a Chow Chow dog on a cake that looks like a Lazy Susan Pedestal stand? If Im understanding correctly, I have an idea for you. www.amazon.com/Shepherd-Hardware-9549-Susan-Turntables/dp/tags-on-product/B00004YOKAIf you use this hardware and attach it to a cakeboard then attach another cakeboard on top holding the cake, would that work to make a turntable. The pedestal base could be carved out of stacked smaller cakes to resemble the...
What is a lazy susan? I immediately thought of green tomato relish on a turntable and couldn't figure out why anyone would want a cake like that! LOL Obviously, it is a term for something I'm unfamiliar with - I thought it was a turntable...
Oh... thank you soooo much!! I am not doing a "fancy" cake for Father's day - just a family cake. I think I will try #3 but will save #2 for fondant covered cakes. Thanks again! You're the best!! Mac is very lucky to have a mother who makes such wonderful cakes!
I wanted to make MacsMom's Orange Dreamsicle cake for my dad for Father's day so I got on CC to find the recipe and I found at least 3 versions. I hate to PM her because I'm sure she spends hours replying to messages. Does anyone know which one is her recipe or which one is best? Thanks so much! MacsMom if you happen to read this - THANKS IN ADVANCE!! You are quite an asset to CakeCentral!! I've used several of your recipes and they are wonderful!! RECIPE NUMBER 1 Orange...
Thanks, Yummy. Guess I will see if she can help me out. I just hate to bother her
I wanted to make MacsMom's Orange Dreamsicle cake for my dad for Father's day so I got on CC to find the recipe and I found at least 3 versions. I hate to PM her because I'm sure she spends hours replying to messages. Does anyone know which one is her recipe or which one is best? Thanks so much!RECIPE NUMBER 1Orange Dreamsicle - MacsMom 2 boxes white cake mix 2 c melted orange sherbet 2/3 c OJ or diet orange soda (soda suggested by cinderspritzer: "I added ... diet sunkist...
It was the only time I had ever experienced bubbles under the fondant like that AND the only time I used a mousse type filling so I just assumed the two were tied together. (Not that I have a LOT of experience... LOL) I'm sure it was because I didn't build a dam first. Although, apparently others have had the same issue. Will definitely remember the dam for next time. It's so nice to have a place to come and ask these questions. Thank you CC!!