Posts by Debi2

I am making my daughters wedding cake and ordered the SPS system because I have drive the cake an hour away to the event site.  When I baked a cake to give the SPS a trial run, I noticed you lose alot of cake with those big columns/dowels!  How do you all cut the cake around the holes that are left.  I really don't want to serve pieces of cake with a partial hole cut out of it.  Any suggestions would be great!     Thanks! Debi
Thanks Marianna46, I hope I can do it justice and pull it off! I really appreciate everyones help and support! I'll report back after I give it a go.
Thanks...I totally agree!
I didn't realize the cake was made by Ron Ben-Israel. I agree Martha does tend to over exagerate. Ha ha I am hoping to make a trial version this week or next, using costumeczars method/instructions : )
Thank you so much! I thought it looked like there was piping on alot of the flowers and leaves. Very helpful info! Good to know I will only need a minimal amount of cutters
I've seen several lace molds around, but I will check out the ones you mentioned! I think gumpaste attached to the fondant sounds like the perfect way to go too! Thanks for the tips!!!
Thanks Msthang! I was thinking the same thing. I wonder which would hold up better? I have to travel an hour wtih the cake...but, luckily it will be in Feb, and not in heat of summer
My daughter would like this design for her wedding cake and I'm wondering if you all think this is a fondant covered cake with the fondant/gumpaste cutouts added, or buttercream with fondant/gumpaste cutouts attached? Any tips would also be greatly appreciated!
My daughter would like this design for her wedding cake and I'm wondering if you all think this is a fondant covered cake with the fondant/gumpaste cutouts added, or buttercream with fondant/gumpaste cutouts attached? Any tips would also be greatly appreciated!