Posts by noahsmummy

what are "windsor clix stix?"
i dont have air con.. its the height of summer in aust atm, and i have the most cakes to do this month!! lol. i find it easier to work either earlier in the morning or at night once its cooled. for both my own sanity's sake and also for best results. if the fondant gets "mushy" just knead in more powdered sugar.I also bake a few days in a advcane and freeze theme. youll find most people follow a two-three day time line.. bake one day, fill crumb coat next day, then...
if your just starting out and cant afford it all in one hit, just buy what you need when you need it. thats what i have been doing.. my collection is slowly growing.. has outgrown its once roomy position on a shelf in my cupboard.. and has now taken over half my buffet as well! lol. If you ever have some extra cash then go treat yourself to your "wish list items" i did this the other week.. got some disco dust AND edible metallic gold and silver paint. =)) im pretty...
no problem - i make alot of mff, which requires corn syrup, it truly work well in place of the corn syrup.
anything simple if the best bet. i would probably go a vanilla if they dont want chocolate.
i make my own in big batches.. glucose is so expensive and thikc.. and generally just a pita! lol. here a link to the recipe i use..i make it in big batches and store in an airtight container. http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf21362042.tip.html
thank you so much!! more good news is i have all of those tins.. no need to buy more. =)
Was wondering what size cakes (round) i should use to get the best looking cake to get 120 servings? ive been trying to come up with a few compilations.. but they are all ending up with the top layer being too large or having about 6 tiers.. =S this will be the biggest cake ive done.. its for my mums friends engagement.. so any advice would be appreciated, she wants it to have a similar style to a simply round cake i have done, beach themed with handmade shells and...
i rarely put the salt in my cakes... so that wont be a problem..the sugar bit is bit iffy but...
thank evoir. the plan is to eventually have a home business.. right now id love to be able to have my cake business and go to uni part time.. buuut i only 20.. so i guess ive got a few years to get everything done that i want to do... maybe.. lolhaha and i was thinking the same thing about the "odors" lol!its sounds like most councils are like mine.. they sure do like to make things difficult. =)