Posts by noahsmummy

Am doing a small cake at the end of october for a friend. she knows what flavor she wants, but unsure of the design. so i said id come up with something as a surprise. So far teh filling she wants is perishable so will have to be kept in the fridge.. but could change if the restaurant cant put it in their fridge. I am totally stuck for ideas! haha. The dinner will be at a mexican restaurant, but have just done a mexican cake (see photos) so would like to do something...
im only a hobby baker.. but even the stress of attempting to deliver cakes i do as presents is too much for me! I've had too many close calls to disaster.. and one absolute catastrophe! (see my attempt at topsy turvey cake that fell apart as i was going over a speed bump in my pics) that I now refuse to do deliveries, especially considering most of the time I have a two year old in tow.. its just way too much stress for me to cope with! haha. my car's suspension is shot...
i would make everything in pieces and then gets the kids to 'construct it" in that day. ie. you make the tower and cover the cakes in fondant etc. Then get the kids to help put it all together and let them do the decorating... seeing as that all the kids would be interested in anyway!
if your short on time to get it to dry, or even if the weather is humid, put it in the oven overnight with JUST the light on.. make sure the oven is COLD! when you do this though. Works a charm.
unfortunately not! lol, you guys in the states are so lucky when it comes to baking products!
oh that sounds great, but unfortunately we dont have instant jello cheesecake pudding, the only pudding flavours we really have are strawberry (if your lucky to find it), chocolate or vanilla.
I'm doing a sweets table for my best friends baby shower in a few weeks and Im on the hunt for a good cheesecake mousse recipe to use for it. I came across this one :http://glorioustreats.blogspot.com/ if that link didnt work then its the latest post on "glorious treats" blog, the only problem is it calls for cool whip, Im in Australia and coolwhip isnt really available here, would I be able to sub it out for normal whipped cream.. or would that end in disaster? I did...
i like the idea of just a cross and teh two babys names on it with some other sort of symbolism. I think if there were to be a poem it would have to be one that the parents themselves have chosen as it is such a difficult and sad thing.
hello, im also a hobby baker.. with one.. broken.. oven (dorr doesnt shut properly etc) i dont have a kitchen aid or any stand mixer.. lol, i do all my mixing with an electric handbeater.. and not a very powerful one! haha. It takes me a long time to prepare everything as well, its the making of the fondant that sucks the fun out of it for me (i hate getting my hands filthy.. and the sticky fondant everywhere mixed with icing sugar drives me mad!) But anyway, yes you can...
agree with mrsmay.. but i am also in australia so may not be relevant. You have to stay connected with your "team", set out a positive work environment.. and no thats doesnt mean pretty colours on the walls.. but an environment that centers around positivity, praise for jobs well done etc. It also sounds like your workers roles need to be more clearly defined. As others have suggested get a white board and write the jobs that must be completed for the day for each person....