Posts by noahsmummy

what about boy pixies? or little garden gnomes?
i dont run into too many issues.. sometimes i might accidently leave a mark, but its easy to work out with a ball tool or something.
whoa! sorry abou this! would send me insane too.. any chance of "gluing" it back together with icing???
here in australia you can get passion fruit pulp in a tin, with all the other tinned fruit- have you tried looking there?
here in australia you can get passion fruit pulp in a tin, with all the other tinned fruit- have you tried looking there?
hmm wow! thats a tough one! the only things i can think of right now, would be to put a picture of a car battery on the t-shirt, so that two things in one go, then you could do the starts on wire thing for the stars, then use the gold chain as the sort of border around it? I have no idea how you would put it all together though! sounds like its going to be a very busy cake.
ok, well now i need a little vent. The more I think about this.. the more it makes me cranky. This cake started off as a 'small cake", well no at first I said I couldnt do it because I am so flat out with uni work right now.. then I said I could squeeze it in because I felt bad and thought it would be some good stress relief for me.. so small cake, ok great! kinda broke atm too, so that works out well. I take care of design as a surprise and also because this is a present...
My birthday is the day before my sons.I never really do anything for my birthday, so every year for his party I plan to make him a really great cake. As a present to him, but also as a present to myself. every year, his birthday cake falls on its face and ends in disaster. It seems to have become a tradition.. and people now know not to even attempt to ask about the cake .. or I will promptly bite their head off! haha.I feel for you!
hmm well my simple easy cake that I have to do in between doing 3 major assignments idea seems to have gone out the window. She has no requested I do a day of the dead candy skull. ahhhh! would not know where to start there, both on whether there are any cultural traditions attached which would make it offensive for me to make, and in the process of actually make it. Think i may have to say no to this one.
Thank you all for your replies! I love the idea of damask on a lime green base.. especially that luster dust idea! that sounds gorgeous! Will check out those two bakeries and see if there is anything there. =) and cakelady.. if i could draw like those amazing artists, I would have no worries! lol. unfortunately I am challenged when it comes to just drawing a stick figure! haha.