Posts by noahsmummy

Wow! What a response lol. Thanks agin to everyone for their kind words, i do appreciate them. Im sorry for life story rant, it was not for sympathy or anything, more to explain to some why I do sell my cakes, despite my knowledge of them not being perfect. This heat has been horrid, I dont cope at all well with it either! lol.. and we are in for another stinker (thats a hot day for the non-aussies) tomorrow. oh dear! Ultraviolet that is incredibly kind and generous of...
p.s I ended giving the cake for $100 because I was personally not happy with it, even though she was. She also had 12 cupcakes for her and her bridesmaids which were beautiful that were included in the order. 
Thank you everyone for your kind words and support! As I have said, I am aware that this cake had issues. My cakes are usually stacked and iced with a MUCH better finish then that, which is why I was so concerned with the cake going out. As to needing practice, yes I do, even the most accomplished cake decorator needs practice.. is that not one of the beauty's of cake decorating? As I have tentatively pointed out, I am basically poor. Raising a child with autism on my...
Haha I prefer the cold to heat myself! Im near Sydney in Australia.. so its summer for us now =) I would love a portable a/c unit, but unfortunately being a single mum to a chi9ld with special needs I'm not in a position to afford one along with its running costs, hopefully next year I will be able to though! 
ahh thankyou all for keeping me clam! She loved it! phew! Usually my fondant is a much better finish then that (i always use ganache), but with the heat we have been having (43C is around 110F) nothing was setting up properly, even though I used my super thick ganche recipe! Thank you again!! 
I was going to shimmer the flower, but she didnt ask for it so I dont want to shimmer it then her say she didnt want ti! lol. Much easier to shimmer a flower then to take it off! i might pipe a quick bead border. 
I am still learning, and my abilities are not any where near most of the cakes on here, but I make that very clear in all transactions and advertising (i do not photoshop any images etc) I also dont charge much, and i made it clear to the bride that this was my first wedding cake. Charged $120 for it. I will try and attach the images so you can see the lopsidedness in all its wonder. (sorry for above rant, just wanted to make it clear that I know what my abilities are...
My first wedding cake is due to be picked up in 2 hours. I am terrified. I am very happy with the front, but the back is lopsided. =( Unfortunately I dont have time to take it apart and redo it, and it is a very very simple design so I cant hide anything. =( I am so scared the bride is going to say she hates it and then Im not going to know what to do.. so my question is, so I can get prepared, what do you do if a bride hates a cake? My first though will be to take money...
I laughed at this for a long time. lol. Thank you for brightening my night.      I can't wait to see the next subject of the cc battle arena.. last time i was on here it was wires in cakes, now it is dd. 
Agree with ozgirl...   seriously. No offence, but the amount of posts i have read on this site about people getting worked up about the most RIDICULOUS things is crazy. Yes exercise caution.. but seriously, calm down and focus on things that are actually going to do harm. In some cases, people here really need to take 'a chill pill'. I grew up in the back of bake houses, my opa has been baking his entire life and has run several successful bakeries, he used to *gasp*...