Posts by KrisCraft

I made some recently, I outlined the stripes with the black food marker... Then I piped over the outlines and it worked great...
I find it easiest to make all the dough and chill on one day, roll out and bake the next day, make icings one day, and decorate the next... Leave yourself plenty of time for drying. I use my oven racks in my oven for drying cookies, I hang a sign on my oven so no one turns it on! Other people use pizza boxes for drying and you can stack them to save space.. I have enlisted a friend to help me flood or add sprinkles etc...Precut all your ribbons and make tags ahead of...
Thank you for the info. I didn't know and thought I would ask here. That is all way too much trouble for me. They can order them from a bakery instead. Thank you.
These would only be shipped within the state. Not across state lines. like I said I just bake for friends and family, I don't sell cookies. I just wanted to know what to tell this person from the airline who asked about ordering more for future classes. I just made cookie favors for her class graduation and he wanted to know if he could order more for the next class.
I am a hobby baker, baking for friends and relatives for gifts and special occasions. I made some airplane cookies for my daughters inflight graduation class that were flooded white with the airlines name across them. I bagged them in cello bags and tied with a ribbon. The event co-ordinator of the airline approached me about making the same cookie favors for future classes. I see posts on here with prices of 3.00 a cookie. Would I also add on for shipping and packing...
GeminiRJ: Thats exactly why I tried them. I looked everywhere in So Cal for them, no one carried them, I knew they were more expensive but so many cookie decorators swear by them, I wanted to try them. I cannot believe how amazing the difference was. I just ordered more. I have great writing on paper but could never write well with icing. I would switch between Wilton #1 (clogs, strings, squiggles) and a #2 (too fat for detail) The #1.5 PME was perfect.. I just ordered...
I used to think it was my icing that gave me trouble with writing.. I switched to PME tips instead of the Wilton brand I was using. Amazing difference.I bought mine at Karenscookies.net and just ordered more today. I cannot believe the difference the tip made.See for yourself... http://cakecentral.com//gallery/1965772
I use parchment for everything too, rolling dough between two sheets of it, chilling dough, baking the cookies, plus for pizzas, biscuits etc. If I invested in the Silpats I would need too many of them for all my pans, I have one pan in the oven, one pan chilling one pan working on, it would be too much of an investment for me. That being said I would like to buy precut sheets in bulk, not sure where to buy them. I just watch the sales at Walmart, the grocery, or...
http://sweetsugarbelle.blogspot.com/she has some amazing rapunzel/tangled cookie pictures on her blog..
Someone on here gave me a tip to store them overnight to dry in the oven on cookie pans. Keeps them dust free, and I have a double oven with lots of racks, its was a great idea whoever told me!