Posts by karukaru

Bump
Bump
Bump
Ganache needs to be refrigerated right? Maybe what I don't like is the shortening flavor. If you use only butter you have to refrigerate it right? I'm gonna hand paint the Fondant so I cannot refrigerated the cake.
Yes, that's what I was thinking. Dulce de leche is thicker so i was hoping it would work. I have covered a 3D cake with dulce de leche with tip #18. I'm not gonna risk it though. I think I'll end up making a dulce de leche Buttercream so i can do the dam and crumb coat. Which Buttercream recipe do you use? I use indydebi's but lately I feel a weird aftertaste. Thanks!
Thanks! I'm hoping I won't have to do the dam of Buttercream or cover it in Buttercream (I haven't had any bulging problems with it like this.) If not, I guess I'll have to do it and mix the dulce de leche with the Buttercream so that it tastes better.
Bump
Hello everyone!I need to make a vanilla rum cake with dulce de leche filling in one week and I was wondering if I can use dulce de leche instead of buttercream under the fondant? If so, do you think I will get bulging from the sides of the cake? I always put a ring of stiff buttercream in between layers, prior to filling the cakes, to hold the filling so I usually never have issues with bulging. I don't want to make buttercream, unless I have to of course, because i'm not...
Thanks everyone! I ended up using Earlene's chart because I do not think a 12" will yield 56 slices. Since the cake is for a friend I told her to give me some feedback as to how many slices was she able to get out of the cake. If she tell me 56 then I will start using wilton's chart. Thanks for everything =
Hello!It is not for a wedding, it is for a birthday party. Would you use 12" or 14"? I don't trust the wilton wedding size chart because it seems off to me. The cake is going to be cut by regular people, not catering staff. Thanks!