Posts by karukaru

Wow, that is a great idea! I didn't know Google had that. Thanks so much!
Actually my hubby is a computer geek and he used to build websites for people (he works in telecommunications now) so he can do that for me. I am very serious but I want to start slow. I have 2 toddlers and I am a stay at home mom so I do not want to do cakes every weekend. I am not going to ask him to build a website for me unless I have more clients because he is very busy as it is and there is no need for an elaborate website right now. I just had my first official cake...
I know! That is why I am going to start posting my starting prices, that way someone doesn't come asking for a 3D cake for $80! I am just starting so everything is new to me. Do you also have flavors posted? I literally do not have anything but pictures. Would you mine sharing your page? My page is http://www.facebook.com/pages/Karinas-Amazing-Sweets/136599969759701
I know, I just roll my eyes (not in person of course) every time a person says that. They want a super elaborate cake without paying for it. My best friend referred me to someone that ended up being super rude and this lady made my best friend so upset my bff sent her an e-mail putting the lady into place for being so rude! LOL Gotta love her!Thanks for the advice =)
Thanks! That was my mistake. She just asked me about pricing for a monster truck cake and I told her that my buttercream starts at $3 and fondant at $3.50 and that pricing depended on flavors, level of difficulty, etc. I never told her about a flat fee. I did not know how to do it since I have never officially charged for a 3D cake. All of the ones that I have done have been for my kids, as gifts for people, or for my best friend and I usually just charge her a little bit...
Hi everyone!I just started selling cakes (they passed the cottage food law last year) so I decided to create a facebook page since I do not have a storefront or website. Right now I only have pictures and I have gotten requests from friends of friends, some of which have no idea of how much do custom cakes cost, so I am thinking about posting my prices on the website. I just don't want to go through the hassle of providing a quote, after talking to them a few times, and...
Hi everyone,I wanted to know if you have a starting price regardless of the servings or if you charge per serving (like regular cakes.) Also, do you explain to the customer why is it much more expensive than regular cakes or do you just give them the price? I just got a request for a buttercream 3D monster truck cake. I am assuming the customer requested buttercream because it is cheaper than fondant (I charge $3 per serving vs. $3.50 for fondant) so she probably has no...
That is a great idea. I am gonna set my starting price at $150. I will give her a quote on the cool dirt cake because that is probably more withing her budget (I am just assuming that because she picked buttercream instead of fondant.) Thanks! =)
Bump
See, you learn something new every day! Hehehe. Ingredients are basically the same as my regular cakes because it will be a vanilla Wasc. How do you know how big of a cake do you need for a certain amount of people? The ones I have done so far are usually way bigger than the amount needed because I just go by the look I want regardless of the number of servings (since they are usually for me or my friends.) Thanks!