Posts by karukaru

Hello! I have a cake due on Saturday and I put an 8 by 3 round cake, with a flower nail in the middle, in the oven about an hour ago. It is a marble WASC. the cake is definitely done on the sides an underdone in the middle. I am not sure whatexactly happened. I usually bake in pans that are 2" height not 3." Could it be that I filled it up too much? I usually bake my WASCs at 300 for 20 min and then raise it to 325 until is done but I didn't realize this time that it was...
Marianna46, MimiFix, or whoever knows the answer,Do you make your marble by making 2 separate batters or by taking a small amount of batter and adding cocoa powder? Also, If you do both batters, have you tried it with original WASC and Amazing chocolate WASC? I was going to do the cocoa powder method but i'm not sure because it probably won't taste much like chocolate.
Hi, I Always sift and I sift after I measure.
LOL, I know It's only cake but I don't want to disappoint or have a disaster, Hehehe. Have you ever tried the "original wasc?" It is never dry. I cannot remember how the regular wasc came out when I made it a long time ago but the original wasc is always moist. Does the 2 tbsp of oil change thr consistency much?
Bump
Bump
I know. I look at your post but I didn't get my answer that is why I posted again. I was thinking about doing the 2 cakes but only if I know it is going to work because I do not have time to have to make the recipes again. I have read that chocolate cakes take longer to bake, that is why I am nervous about it. I have made both the chocolate and vanilla WASC but never together.I do not know if it helps you or not but I always use the The *Original* WASC cake recipe. The...
bump
Hello,I need to make a marble cake for Saturday and I haven't done one in years. I usually make WASC (minus the almond flavor) or AMAZING chocolate WASC. should I combine the 2 or just make WASC and take some batter out and mix it with cocoa powder? Thanks for the help.
Thanks for the input! I already added my location,