Posts by karukaru

Thank you!So tylose is like gumtex then? i took the wilton classes and they said that gumtex will make the fondant dry harder and quicker.My cakes arent usually dry but i like them really moist. Also, I always leave them out on the counter and I think the A/C dries them out as the days go buy. I would love to find out how the bakeries do it because they do their cakes way in advance and they do not get dry. I have seen on TV that they keep their cakes in the refrigerator...
Hi Everyone! I started baking and decorating for fun and now people want to buy cakes from me. I am a newbie so I have many questions regarding baking and decorating and it would be great if you could answer some of them:1. How do you make a moist cake withouth using pudding? do you add a syropy liquid to the cake after baking it or use oil in the baking?2. what is tylose for? is it the same as Wilton´s gumtex?That is it for now. I have many more questions but I will only...
Hi!My friend wants a guava filled cake for tomorrow. I do not know how to make the filling so i bought guava preserve (fine by her). Can i leave the cake with the filling outside of the fridge? My house has a/c 24/7 so its not goning to be hot. I am afraid of putting it inside the fridge because i do not want it to dry. Thanks!
Thank you so much!I will fill it then! Cookies and cream filling it is! =)
Hi Everyone. I am making a cake for my friend's daughter for her birthday as her birthday gift (so its not for a paying client.) I am doing a tinkerbell with the wonder mold on top of a base cake. I do not have large cake pan so I grabbed a 9"x2" square pan and a round 9"x2". I cut in half the round cake and I am going to attach each half circle to 2 opposing sides of the square (so the base of the cake is gonna look like a flat oval or a flat capsule.) I already had to...