Posts by karukaru

I think It is ok because my friend is not expecting ganache. it is for a one year old's birthday so maybe buttercream is better.
Thanks! I need to use it today. Should I whip it or should I make indydebie's buttercream and fold it in? I need to cover it in fondant and do not have time to let it sit
I made it Last night and put it in the fridge but it did not harden. It just got a little bit thicker. I can't remember the recipe but I think I used this one:    8 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate (we like 61 percent cacao) 1 cup heavy cream 1/8 teaspoon coarse salt Also, my ganache is grainy so I guess the chocolate didn't completely melt. What should I do? this is for a fondant covered round cake. Show I reheated? Should I whip it to form a...
bump
Please help!
Hi,So I made my first batch yesterday and it turned out perfect! I need red icing so today I added a full small container of Wilton's red color and now the icing feels and looks a bit grainy! This cake is not for a costumer, it is just to sing happy birthday to my 2 year old son, so I guess it is not the end of the world but I don't want it to look that way. I wanted to take pictures of the cake to put it on my facebook page but it is going to look terrible. How do I fix...
Thank you.
Thanks! I am not referring to pricing on the whole cake. That I know. But I have never done a cake with a large flower and I know you have to charge separate for the flower but I wasn't sure about the going rate for a metropolitan area (I am in the Ft.Lauderdale/Miami.) Any ideas?
Hi, I got a request to make this buttercream cake but I am not even sure if this is a stencil or sugarveil. Also, what is the name of this flower and how much would you charge for it. Thanks!
OMG the difference is like night and day! The Christening cake looks like fondant! I am definitely buying it! LOL I need to practice! Does she give you a recipe? because I think my recipe is also the problem. I use indydebbie's recipe and I can never get it that smooth (maybe I am the problem! LOL.) I read the reviews on Amazon I think. I was literally about to buy it and backed out. Thanks so much! I trust people from here more than random amazon reviewers so I am...