Posts by karukaru

Following
Bump
Hi, I am doing a farmers market tiomorrow. I normally use crusting buttercream for my cakes but I would love to use a non-crusting buttercream for my cupcakes. I live in FL so it can't be something that melts. It will be outdoors but I will be under a cement roof. TIA
How do I do it? I already made ganache using the 2:1 ratio and it is firm. What am I supposed to do now? Whip it? The cake is for tomorrow. It was. Last minute order from my friend.
Bump
Hi, I was wondering if I can use her chocolate buttercream under fondant? Due to the nature of the decorations I cannot put it in the fridge. I would have to let it sit overnight on my counter (we live in FL so we run the AC all day every day.) Do you think it will hold? Thanks! =)
Hi, I couldn't buy the sleeve because it is a last minute order and my local cake supplies stores do have sleeves but do not carry banana. I just checked and the banana cream pudding that I found says "needs no refrigeration" so hopefully will be ok. This is the one http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B009F9WLOK
Thanks, is there something I can add to make it shelf stable?
Hi, I need to make a cake and fill it with banana pudding. I have been doing some research but have had trouble finding a banana pudding recipe that doesn't need refrigeration. I found a ready made banana cream pudding at the grocery store. Do you think I can use it?
My chocolate buttercream tastes horrible. I am not a chocolate person so I am not used to making it. Can you suggest a  good chocolate filling recipe that won't need refrigeration? It will stay out for less than 24 hours in a house with AC all day. TIA!   I was doing research and found this one and it is supposed to be good but do you think it will hold? 1 C butter 2 1/2 C confectioners sugar 1/4 cup heavy cream 1 t vanilla 6 oz melted and cooled...