Posts by iris219

oops my bad.  I misunderstood.  I like your idea better about the Styrofoam...as I need to get the rest of this cake built and definitely move on.  Thank you for clearing that up.  
Thanks to hubby the 3d bulldog structure is done.  I didn't realize how heavy that thing is....it weights 6 lbs and that's without any candy clay or cake.  I think by the time I'm finished with this cake it's going to weight about 15 lbs.  Don't know if that's way too heavy but the wood is about 1/4 in thick.    Can't wait to get home from work so I can get started on the belly part of this dog.  Wish me luck.
Keeping my fingers crossed.  Made the candy clay  yesterday and left it to get hard for today.  So after work... that will be my missions to get this bulldog belly started. Thank you cakepro and costmeczar for your input.
Thank you for your response.  going out now to get some.  Thank you
Thanks for your reply costumeczar will do that if I ever get this RKT to seal.  I have another problem now.    I posted a picture of the base in another thread I started becuase I'm having problems with the RKT.   Here is the thread:  http://cakecentral.com/t/760095/desperate-help-needed-belly-of-3d-falling-how-do-i-fix-it-see-picture
      I started to apply the RKT to the 3D bulldog structure cake I'm making for my daughters graduation on Saturday.  The base of the legs were fine when I applied the RKT, but when it came to the belly part of the bulldog it started to fall off.  So I added piping gel as a glue to hold it up, kept the base upside down all night in hopes that it will stay.  Turned it upright this morning and it started to fall again.    I desperately need help on how I can fix...
Thanks for replying.  I think it's about 20 inches long and about a foot or so high.  Structure is still being put together.
Hi everyone, I need some help.  I am attempting to make a my very first 3d bulldog cake for my daughters graduation next week.  I want to start to bake the cakes, fill them, carve & crumb coat it today and then put in the freezer, wrapped in plastic wrap and then foil.     I've already shaped the head out of RKT.  This will be a standing on all 4's cake.    So here are my questions:   How can I get the RKT to stick to the bottom without it falling off?  Or is...
I decided to try another RKT peacock and so far so good. Did put a dowl in the nect area and am waiting for it to dry before I apply the fondant on Saturday. Thinking that by Saturday it should be super dry. Keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks for the advise, gave me the push to try the peacock again.
ok, I did another RKT peacock and now am just waiting for it to dry. Keeping my fingers crossed and hope it stays intack by Saturday when I'm going to add the fondant.