Posts by CakeEvolution

Not sure what shade u currently have but buttercream will get darker automatically it's exposed for a while. Make sure to use No Taste Red!
Oh yes. Lots and lots of sculpting.... And underpricing going on here... Lol. I charged $275 but once it was all put together I realized the errors of my ways. Cake was 10" round... One 2 layer white almond and One 2 layer amaretto, I believe There were 4 whole crabs, 3 large snow crab legs, 5-6 corn on the cobs various sizes, probably 10 potatoes and 10 mussels... 16 shrimp atleast.... I made too many decorations in fear of the pot NOT being full enough.... Once we...
Hey guys... I just wanted to get a feel of what the market is charging in general. I live in Atlanta but I know location can affect the price. Just wondering..... What Would YOU Charge?   This cake is 10" Round - 4 (2") layers ... Basic cake flavors and fillings. (serves 56 according to Wilton's guide). Decorations are made of fondant, gumpaste, and larger items contain RKT as their base.   I strive on my making my cakes 100% edible.... Only items that are not...
Hey guys... I just wanted to get a feel of what the market is charging in general. I live in Atlanta but I know location can affect the price. Just wondering..... What Would YOU Charge?   This cake is 10" Round - 4 (2") layers ... Basic cake flavors and fillings. (serves 56 according to Wilton's guide). Decorations are made of fondant, gumpaste, and larger items contain RKT as their base.   I strive on my making my cakes 100% edible.... Only items that are not...
Yes... Cottage Food Law
Hi fellow bakers, I just learned that GA has a new cottage law in place for home bakers!!! Check it out http://agr.georgia.gov/cottage-foods.aspx   I know a lot of people starting out will be excited to see this!! Best Wishes
Thanks everyone... I agree. I was thinking of offering 30% discount b/c its a dummy. I explained to them that its the TIME not the actual CAKE/BAKING that drives the price of this cake. That was the point when fake gems were mentioned.... we shall see.People think dummy cakes are CHEAPER than the real thing....uh NO!! lol
Thanks everyone... I agree. I was thinking of offering 30% discount b/c its a dummy. I explained to them that its the TIME not the actual CAKE/BAKING that drives the price of this cake. That was the point when fake gems were mentioned.... we shall see.People think dummy cakes are CHEAPER than the real thing....uh NO!! lol
Okay.......So I was sent a picture of a cake to recreate as a dummy (ONLY top tier actual cake). Bride is trying to cut cost. When the pic came across my phone I was stunned. I do believe this is a Ron Ben-Israel Cake. I told my friend this cake is easily 5k if not more (depending on actual serving size).http://www.instyle.com/instyle/package/general/photos/0,,20351917_20349466_20752634,00.htmlHow much do you think the cake cost?How much would you charge to basically...
I just signed the petition for GA...http://www.change.org/petitions/georgia-state-legislature-enact-a-cottage-food-law-in-the-state-of-georgia