Posts by MYOM-Dominic

This is super easy. You will notice on the legs that there will be parting lines from when the legs were molded. Simply take some Silicone Plastique and cover half of each leg right up to the parting line on the leg. Let it cure - about an hour and a half. Do not remove this cured first half. Then cover the second half of the leg with more Silicone plastique making it meet up with the first half. You MUST apply release-dit to the first half of the mold where it will come...
Hi Cupcakesnbuttercream,Go to this link on my forum where I helped another CCer with this questions. Lots of tutorials and pics to answer your questions. I am always here if you need to ask more questions. http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-678510.htmlDominic
HOORAY! I remember answering your questions about this great project. So glad it went well. You must post a picture or I won't help you with any more projects in the future....just kidding Dominic
Hi Cakedoff,What a great question. Absolutely yes. If you overcome your fear and make the beer bottle mold, and send me a picture in this forum, you can pick any Earlene lace mold and I'll send it to you for free. If you want to proceed, put your CC username in the "Additional Comments" section in the check out. You must do this so I can keep track of this offer that I have made to you. Good Luck!Dominic
Hi ALR1955,What do you mean you have no one around who has done it before? You have me! Just set up the free video on your computer and follow along. You can stop the video and make your preparations and then come back and continue through the next segment. I know it can be a bit intimidating, but if you take your time and succeed you are going to feel real good.But maybe you need a little incentive? How about this - if you give it a try and send me a picture of the...
Hi Cakefairy03,Glad you enjoyed your first mold making experience. My suggestion for you next mold would be to think of a cake or dessert that you will be making in the near future, and then imagine what would add to the presentation. For instance, let's say little Christmas trees would be a great addition to a Christmas sheet cake - I would then go and hunt for plastic or resin Xmas trees in stores - make a mold and have at it. You literally have a whole new craft to...
Yes, shipping is a drag. I want you all to know that I do offer U.S.P.S. as an option. Here is something you can try -- go to my website, www.MakeYourOwnMolds.com and place the materials you want into the shopping cart. Then proceed to checkout. Once you put in your shipping address, the website will calculate shipping options to your location. You will be able to see many options and compare UPS charges and postal charges. This all happens before you put in any credit...
Spun sugar is so attractive but i can tell you that throughout my career it has failed to last and ends up coming across less than spectacular. The enemy of spun sugar is humidity and temperature. Because each strand is so thin, it has a tremendous surface area exposed to the elements. It can instantly be ruined in unfriendly conditions. The fact that it is winter right now and hopefully you are in a cold region, there is not much humidity in the air and that is a plus for...
Hi Everyone,I thought this thread on making a mold with gumpaste was pretty interesting. When you think about it, a mold can be made from so many materials. And in the example given in this thread, an acceptable outcome was derived by using inexpensive ingredients that can be shaped and dried into a mold. Very clever. Since I am a fan of silicone, lets not forget that it does offer some notable advantages like durability. What if your zipper becomes really popular and you...
Hi Everybody,Somehow I missed this post and am only discovering it now. I saw the segment on fabulous cakes and the mold making material that they used was CopyFlex Liquid Silicone. The release agent is a material I invented called, "Release-Dit." Both of the products are food grade and safe to use when making molds for food. They thickened the buttons for exactly the reason you guessed. drakegore! Sometimes buttons can have an outer edge that is too thin. Safe-D-Clay was...