Posts by MYOM-Dominic

anita-norway,Thank you for your question.If you coat the leaf or petal with confectioners glaze before molding it, then Wash your completed mold well. This will minimize any transfer of poisen. Happy to be here,Dominic
Hi bobwonderbuns Thanks for your question about the sugar bead strands. They are beautiful aren't they? We recommend attaching the nylon sting to the cake board prior to placing the cake on the board and this will give you the chandelier affect. I am attaching a photo of Marina Sousa's cake photo that show the chandelier look. You can also lay them on the cake as a boarder between tiers of a cake. If you have more questions feel free to contact us directly at...
Hi marzipandoll,Yes, you would use the exact same method as the beer bottle mold - it makes a great shot glass mold. Go To: http://www.makeyourownmolds.com/how-to-sugar-bottle-moldDominic
Can you tell me what has gone wrong when you have tried?Dominic
Hi Laura,Latex is different from Silicone - It must be painted on in many layers. It is not very resistant to high temperatures and most often is not safe "Food Grade"Silicone can be poured over the bottle, is stable at high temperatures and the silicones available from my website are food grade and have passed all the testing requirements requested by the FDA.Go To: http://www.makeyourownmolds.com/sugar-beer-bottle-mold-making-kits to find out about the bottle kits that...
Hi Lisa,First, lets talk about corn syrup - it is a huge factor in causing your stickiness problem. I know there are some in our industry who think that adding corn syrup to sugar and to Isomalt helps to make a mixture that is clearer and more resistant to moisture but I gotta tell you that that is just not true. Corn Syrup is a powerful humectant and is used in recipes to add moisture to things and to add shelf life - why? .... Because it absorbs moisture right out of the...
Okay so for the past year there have been posts about Amazing Mold Putty in this forum and I haven't responded because I have thought that for some people this is a readily available product in their area and if they like it great. But now it seems that this forum is becoming a place where the virtues of Amazing Mold Putty are repeatedly discussed. Though I may be making a mistake responding, I am going to give it a try.I would like to create an analogy that may be useful...
Okay so for the past year there have been posts about Amazing Mold Putty in this forum and I haven't responded because I have thought that for some people this is a readily available product in their area and if they like it great. But now it seems that this forum is becoming a place where the virtues of Amazing Mold Putty are repeatedly discussed. Though I may be making a mistake responding, I am going to give it a try.I would like to create an analogy that may be useful...
Hi Everyone,Sorry for the late reply - I was preparing for and attending the ICES convention which was really a great show. Okay so for the past year there have been posts about Amazing Mold Putty in this forum and I haven't responded because I have thought that for some people this is a readily available product in their area and if they like it great. But now it seems that this forum is becoming a place where the virtues of Amazing Mold Putty are repeatedly discussed....
Hi Casme,I think this is a great design yet I have never seen a mold for it. To make a mold of this would be quite complicated and perhaps it is an original design created by the user to establish a competitive edge. Just goes to show you how molds can give you a competitive edge.Dominic