Posts by rowingmom

Thanks for the feed back everyone.   It seems strange to me that he has talked to the brides and groom about this method of payment before he has talked to me about it.   It seems like all is not very transparent.    I also wonder if he if he is being murky with the couples and I don't want to be my business to be linked with anything not on the up and up.     He also seems to have had a 'deal" with another bakery last year and that did not continue.   He said it was the...
It sounds  the bride and groom would give us a coupon if they chose us and we would give the coupon to the venue and then they would pay us the deposit.   I have not heard the time line of what they feel payment should happen.   I am supposed to talk with them tomorrow.  I expect the same time line of payment we give any other couple when they sign with us.    Just seem  different to handle it that way, adding a third party.    It seem to me I need a written legal...
Hi,   I would like some feedback if anyone as ever encounter this situation.   We were asked recently be a preferred provider for a venue in are area.   It  is an old venue that has been recently remodeled with a new owner.   We have had a few customers and then last week we had a couple come in for a consult and seemed very pleased but asked if we accepted coupons from the venue as payment.  We hadn't heard anything about it  and were puzzled.   Today we had a call from...
Thanks for all your replies.
The event is being held from 11-4 on a Saturday and the day is currently looking to be in the mid 70's with no rain. Another factor that may influence things is this is part of a cupcake competion (taste and design) and I have won the design part already.
Thanks for the help ladies. I was thinking about 1000- 1500 which with a 30,000 attendance seems to been in line with your 5% rule. The other factor that may determine the amount will be the weather. I will either slide the numbers up or down. Any other lessons learned?
I've been invited to sell cupcakes at a 50th birthday event for a city landmark and am unsure of how many to bring down with me. The event is far enough away from my kitchen that I would not be able to send someone back to the shop if we ran out. There will be 6 bakers set up in the area, selling cupcakes for four hours and the organizers tell me they expect 30,000 people to attend the event. I'm sure that 30,000 is definitely at the high-end of expectations and I know...
I've been invited to sell cupcakes at a 50th birthday event for a city landmark and am unsure of how many to bring down with me. The event is far enough away from my kitchen that I would not be able to send someone back to the shop if we ran out. There will be 6 bakers set up in the area, selling cupcakes for four hours and the organizers tell me they expect 30,000 people to attend the event. I'm sure that 30,000 is definitely at the high-end of expectations and I know...
I was contracted to provide a four tier fondant cake with extensive decoration as well as sheet cake that was booked months in advance. The cake has been paid in full. Three hours before I was supposed to make delivery, the client called to inform me that they had canceled the event due to concerns over snowfall. I would not have had trouble delivering the cake, it was only light snow and I have a 4x4. She wants to reschedule for a month later but I had the cake ready...
Thanks everyone for the feed back. I appreciate the time you took to give me your thoughts. I had a night tossing and turning about this one. I quess you get one everyone now and then! :c ry: