Posts by artsycakes14

You will be fine!!! I always get nervous and have those thoughts of disaster. But your cakes are great and you can definitely handle this. If you can have someone drive and sit in the back with the cake (just incase). This is always nerve racking but as long as you you build the cake properly, you will be fine!Good luck!
I know how frustrating that is! But don't be tempted to lower your prices, it is not worth your time and effort to do if for less. Your prices sound fair, just be patient more work will come. People don't understand how much goes into making these cakes. You would think after all the cake shows they would know how involved it is, but no. Keep your head up, and more will come that appreciate your work!
I know how frustrating that is! But don't be tempted to lower your prices, it is not worth your time and effort to do if for less. Your prices sound fair, just be patient more work will come. People don't understand how much goes into making these cakes. You would think after all the cake shows they would know how involved it is, but no. Keep your head up, and more will come that appreciate your work!
I ordered the magazine in June and still have yet to receive one. Is this normal??? I can't wait to get it!
How many tiers is the cake? I think if you wrap it good enough the taste will be fine. But one thing that has happened to me is I once froze the cake already filled, the butter cream defrosted super soft so the tiers were starting to slide after I had covered them with fondant. But I also used a buttercream made with all butter (no shortening). If it is only a couple tiers, I am sure it will be find, but if it large, be careful. Just something to think about. Good...
Cat- How much do you charge for that kind of mileage?Sweetcakes- definitely let her know the delivery cost flat out, but don't recommend to go somewhere else. If they want to pay it, let them. You are worth it!
Yes, very curious, how do they work? Also, do you ask for them back from clients or do you buy these for each cake?
Thanks you so much for your advice!!! It really helps I love this website!
I am making my first topsy turvy cake next Sunday. I will be out of town Friday and Saturday, so I was hoping to carve, fill the cake, dirty ice it, and wrap it in saran wrap and foil. This will save me time so I can just decorate on Sunday. Will that work out okay? I have never frozen a cake after it's been frosted, so I wasn't sure. Also, do I just let it defrost in the wrappings and then cover it in fondant?Thanks!!
Thanks Leah_s, just added it