Posts by luvbuttercream

I can't seem to find Cakeman's recipe anywhere on this site... Am I missing something?
Thank you all for the replies
I am wanting to make red or pink velvet cupcakes this weekend for my daughters b-day. I have looked around and seen so many variations with mixed reviews I would really like a tried and true recipe that is great!. I trust all you wonderful people's opinions and would appreciate the help. Thanks in advance!
I know that Michael's is planning on going international in the future but that could be far into the future.
If you have a timeline you need to have it by then I would order online if you are able to do so. I know personally we have been waiting to h=get more in for going on 2 months. So I don't have a clue when we will see more.
I am a Michael"s employee and as far as I know there will be more of the Duff airbrush systems coming in. I think it is a distribution issue but at my store we have some on order but have been waiting awhile for them.
I making a cake and cupcakes like this one for my daughters b-day this weekend. Only I can't figure out how to get this blue. I was thinking Wilton Sky Blue but I am unsure.All I have the ability to get where I live is Wilton and Duff colors (I prefer Wilton) So if anyone has any suggestions on how to get this color that would be great!Thank you in advance.http://www.flickr.com/photos/17982336@N07/4633378897/in/faves-46297477@N03/
I use a Wilton 1A tip for this swirl. And you need a stiff buttercream for it to hold its shape so well. This is my buttercream recipe it has great reviews and I love working with it:http://cakecentral.com/recipes/16670/updated-french-vanilla-buttercreamAlso here is my go to chocolate cupcake recipe:Black Forest CupcakesCake: 2 cups sugar 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder 1 teaspoon salt 3/4 cup cocoa...
This is the best fried and true chocolate cupcake recipe that I have used yet:2 cups sugar 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder 1 teaspoon salt 3/4 cup cocoa powder 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 cup milk 1/2 cup vegetable oil 2 large eggs 1 cup boiling waterIn a heavy-duty mixing bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients. Once thoroughly mixed, add all the wet ingredients except the boiling...
I have added Kahlua to SMBC before it worked for me on a few occasions then one time it all separated and looked curdled and no matter what I did it would not mix together properly I am thinking it may of been a temperature thing but I have no idea for sure.