Posts by JFcakes

We are in a similar position. We want something substantial, but funds aren't available for it right now.What we use instead, definitely helps us make do. It's actually not bad at all, and is better than doing it all by hand ...http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4229423/Trail/searchtext%3EMIXER.htmSomething like a KA will be out of our price range for a long time, so we have looked for an alternative. I came across this on ebay, and after watching the demo...
Well I made a thread a little while ago (it seems to have disappeared?) on our first cake sale being a total flop. We made about £250 worth of baked goods ad only sold about £10 worth. This was because only about a dozen people went to the sale.So anyway, the guy running that sale offered us a prime spot at their Christmas fair. We were very dubious about doing it, due to the last fiasco. In the end we decided to give it another go.This time we didn't do quite so many...
How do you bake you cakes evenly?Do you use bake even strips? a flower nail? another method?Not only evenly as in level, but also texture.We seem to get a crust on all of our cakes, and I'd like to know if you think this is acceptable, or do you carve it off? The crust we get is about 3mm thick all round. I find it keeps the moisture in the cake, but I'm worried that people wont like this.So what's your technique, for completely decorated cakes to those that are simply...
Thanks for the kind words all We didn't just have cakes, we had loads of cupcakes and cookies to! The cookies were all individually wrapped, and the cupcakes/muffins were all in boxes of 2. The cakes were there, so if anyone had the muffins/cupcakes and came back for more they had the option of a larger cake in the same flavour too.I think the only problem we had really was the fact that only a couple of dozen people came to the sale.My hubby took a load of the goods to...
Well after several weeks of baking and trying out recipes, then making them our own. We came up with some very tasty cakes and matching buttercreams. We baked several and handed them out as free testers to family and friends for honest feedback. Everyone said they were delicious and that we should sell them as they were that good.Great we thought. So all this last week my hubby was off work and we got stuck in. A village hall was hosting a table top sale yesterday (Sunday)...
Photium is an excellent host. I can not recommend them enough. My photography website is hosted by them, and for a reasonable monthly subscription you get a very easy package, and your own web address (you can also buy your domain elsewhere and transfer it free). Building the site itself is also quite simple. It is primarily a photography hosting site, but I don't see any reason why you can't use it for a cake site, it's easily customizable.
I am really struggling to find a conversion table that works. I've looked at a few, but they are all so different. Or maybe I am understanding them wrong?Is there a fool proof table somewhere to convert the measurements? One that preferably lists the conversions for almost all of the ingredients used in cake baking, not just sugar, butter and flour.Thanks in advance for any help
Well the cupcakes worked a treat! Mud Cake cupcakes topped with orange chocolate buttercream and a red fondant rose to finish Mmm.My hubbies work colleagues are going to be in for a treat tomorrow I can tell you! I've told him, all this baking has to go somewhere, and we aren't going to eat it all ourselves. He huffed like a teen Cath ~ http://cakecentral.com/recipes/14688/pams-chocolate-mudcake that's the mud cake I made You should try it, it really is wonderful ... but...
OMG Mud Cake cupcakes it has to be done I made my own butter cream for the cake that really tips it over the edge I'm thinking it would be a little overboard for anyone who doesn't like really sickly cake! Hehe.Thanks so much for your help, it certainly makes sense. Of course checking the cake after a certain time is fool proof, I just didn't want the hassle of keep opening the door and letting the heat out kwim? But it's better to do that than have the cake over cook.
I'm not even sure if it is necessary to adjust the time?If I make a cake mix, but then use the mix for cupcakes ... would I need to adjust the cooking time?Also, if I make a mix, but double the quantity, would I need to double the cooking time to?Thanks for any help with this in advance I'm now off to enjoy another slice of Australian Mud Cake