Posts by shannycakers

I go by the wilton serving charge and 10 inch cake will feed way more than 26 poeple... in my opinion, you will need to decide what size servings the person will need. I go by wedding servings for all my cakes, but that is just me. I would serve an 8 inch cake, but my cakes are very large and baked high.
absolutely nothing wrong here, you did everything you could for that cake. If you left it outside it would have melted, and you are not responsible after assembly and dropping if off where they stated to drop it off at. If they didnt have the manpower to lift the cake and get it to the tent for cutting, they should have asked someone else for help, not your fault..   They dropped it, they are responsible..and you warned them about temp. Sorry this happened for...
when you say taped off? what type of tape do you use and you mean it comes off the cake? I was wondering how people airbrushed certain aspects of there cakes and not others, and then i see this thread about taping off a cake.  Anyone do this? and what type of tape to buy, then you stick it on and it peels off without pullin the cake??
o i see! crank it evenly and the lines may not show, ok im going to try that out. I know so many people use these with great results! mine came from michaels craft store in clay aisle. On mine the highter numbers are larger gaps, the lower number you go the thinner it gets..   hoping i can get a smooth piece of fondant to come out soon! thanks
o i see! crank it evenly and the lines may not show, ok im going to try that out. I know so many people use these with great results! mine came from michaels craft store in clay aisle. On mine the highter numbers are larger gaps, the lower number you go the thinner it gets..   hoping i can get a smooth piece of fondant to come out soon! thanks
Hello, I am finally getting around to using my pasta clay machine i got at michaels. The last one I purchased it make marks in my fondant so i took it back and got this one, now Im finally trying to use it and this one makes marks on my fondant too? what am i doing wrong, i put a small piece of partially flattened fondant, start it on 4/5 and it seems to do fine, but then on 2 or 3 it makes marks on my fondant strip?
Thank you, yes Im thinking I am giong to have to change my recipe:) I looked up cake girls one that using butter and shortening... I will try that one as well. Another person on here sent me her recipe generously and I will try that too:)
yes I leave the cake on the counter, not wrapped and not boxed like always till the next day when i start decorating it...   I have tasted it, everything looks and tastes normal just the icing crusted wrinkly:(   I agree with the moisture thing.. I just dont know what to do, do i need a dehumidfyer in house? its a huge open floor plan so i dont know if that would even help :(
Hello, no I let the cake settle already for 24 hours before frosting, its the WASC recipe i always use and there is no slippery filling, just buttercream....   So upset over this.. I am going to have to change my recipe and see if it still happens. Maybe use milk instead of water now. I feel it has something to do with the new house.. maybe the air is dry or something. Just very sad about this since its wedding season and this keeps happening
Please help, this is the second time I have posted about this issue because its still happening. I am using the same american buttercream recipe as always , water, powd sugar, high ratio and real vanilla, BUT we have moved to a new larger home??   Do you think this has anything to do with it, the air or something?? I am so distraught because the cake was perfect and then next morning after sitting it is ripply wringle around it all over, I cannot let this keep...