Posts by Meghan1010

I have found that if you freeze it for about 5-6 minutes then brush a THIN layer of crisco on top of the gumpaste, it cuts perfectly for me. But somtimes I don't brush on the crisco on top, and it cuts great too.
True artist.....can carry right on with their "true art". Those of us who just want to have fun and make cakes....find the cricut to be a great tool to help us out! It still takes creativity! Soooo neecerator get off the cake high horse....... If that's your opinion so be it.....but OBVIOUSLY..... not everyone shares the same view or they wouldn't have bought the machine! Furthermore this isn't a forum to slam those who want to try something new! [/quote]
It has done that to our mat too..... so far it hasn't effected it....we havn't even needed to buy extra...YET!
They are different because the cake cricut is food handler safe? Whatever that means? The mat is different that you use. Any of the cartridges that work for the original work on the cake cricut! BUT if you download MTC or SCAL you don't even need to buy any cartridges....you can download ANYTHING from the internet! It's great!
We are at a loss of where to find the wire that you can use to put things on the tops of cakes? Like stars or hearts? See picture below for an example? Can we order them from somewhere? We've looked everywhere? IN PARTICULAR (WHITE WIRE). Has to be strong enough to hold fondant and flexible enough to bend?Please help.......
we love our cricut! I'm also a teacher and I'm a firm believer in "don't reinvent the wheel"!!! It took some trial and error on how to get it right but once we figured it out the possibilities are endless!!! We still do a lot by hand but this machine makes many many many things sooooo much easier! Crisco your mat.Roll it thin.Freeze it at least 10-15 minutes.Put on HIgh and MEd.IT WILL WORK! WELL! As for those who doubt it....they just didn't give it a chance!I also...
Until we start this we have no clue how many it will serve or how to even go about pricing it? Bride wants all Chocolate w ganash filling and Fondant/Buttercream. Please give us some advice as to how much you would charge for this cake? ps....she doesn't care how many it serves.....they are also ordering 38 cakes for each table that each serve 6!!! We can price those....struggling w/ this one tho!HELP is oh so welcomed!
FYI she works out of my mother-in-laws catering kitchen...so we are licensed (free and clear).
10 inch and 8 inch on baby shower with Buttercream with fondant accents.10 inch (2 layer) on sweet 16 with Buttercream with fondant accents.Both white almond....
we have added all costs for the cake itself BUT it seems as if each cake is different therefore we never no how much to charge because we don't know how long it will take? So what do I tell the customer? I can't imagine that people will want to buy something NOT knowing how much it costs? Apparently we are WAY underpricing For the sweet 16 cake we only charged $35 and for the baby shower $45? After spending 6 hours on each! For cakes like these ....how much would you...