Posts by TPACakeGirl

It was for the school dance. She ended up getting store cupcakes. They were iced blue and had plastic rings shaped like fish on them.
Has anyone tried the new Fat Daddio's Mad Dabber pans? How did they work out? Are they worth the money or should I do the topsy turvy old school?
Sorry I didn't respond back after creating this post. I never received a notice that anyone had posted back.I declined both orders. I told both people to keep me in mind for future orders and to give me at least 3 months notice if not more. Even if I wanted to take the orders, I couldn't. My week was booked solid. When I first started, I felt pressured to take everyone's order and to charge them a "fair" price. All that did was make me sleep deprived and full of debt. Now,...
Just this week alone, I have received two requests that were crazy. The first was a request for this Saturday, the 21st. The client wanted 216 under water themed cupcakes for a school dance. The next client wanted a 3 tier Phineas and Ferb cake for THIS SUNDAY. Ummmm, what are these people thinking? It's already Tuesday. Who waits this long to plan their parties and to secure cakes?
I don't own a store front, but I do give a discount to police, fire, military and teachers on all my cakes. My hubby and I are both law enforcement officers.The ironic part is that I always feel weird when someone gives me a discount because of my day job. I have sat and argued with the 7-11 clerk that I want to pay for my hot chocolate. I only stopped because one clerk told me, "Ma'am. That man back there is my boss. If you pay for this, he will fire me. Please take it...
I learned the hard way this month. A good friend's wife asked me to make some cakes for her. I didn't get a deposit because the hubby is such a good friend of mine. Here we are 16 days after delivery, and I've yet to receive a cent from the wife. The total order was $577.23. If I don't get my money by Thursday night, I'm contacting her hubby Friday morning. This will be a BIG problem for her because she lied to her hubby, my friend, and told him the order was only $400....
I like Swizzle Cakes.
So you know, the Cottage Food Act in Florida has past it's 3rd reading. I think it's going to the governor now for approval. If it passes, we will be able to bake from home effective July 1st.
I have noticed that when friends and coworkers ask, "how much for a cake?" They really mean, "can you make me a free cake." It's really annoying.
These are the crazy things I've been asked or told in the last 45 days.CUSTOMER A: "Can you make me 12 cake pops, each a different design and flavor and deliver them my friend for her birthday?" The woman only wanted to pay $24.00. When I told her that I couldn't do it for that price since I would have to make 12 different cake flavors just to accomodate her, she advised me that she would find someone else who could.CUSTOMER B: "Can you make me a 3 tier Winnie the Pooh...