Posts by lucycoo

Dear CC members,I thought i would have a go at piping 'swirls' onto cookie pops to make them look like lollipops I saw a picture of some and was inspired to try myself, but it was a disaster. I flooded my cookie with white royal icing and then proceeded to pipe the blue swirl into the still wet icing. initially it looked fine but soon both colours started to merge with eachother and I'm not sure what I've done wrong? Should I have used a 'soft peak consistency of blue RI...
Hello cc community,I hope you can help me. I am new to decorating cookies so still getting to grips with how long things will stay fresh etc. I made a batch of plain cookies and iced them with royal icing in various colours about 1 week ago. I intended to give them as gifts so I wrapped them in cellophane. I noticed today that the the ones decorated in white royal icing or pale pink have become discoloured - turning slightly yellow first at the edges and then creeping...
the tins are standard numeral tins from Invicta and are approx 225mm in height. I will be baking a victoria sponge. Thank you for your help x
Hello CC community,I have been asked to bake a '3' and a '0' shape cakes for a 30th birthday party but I have no idea how many portions each cake will give. Ideally 60 people will need a slice of cake. If you know the answer to my dilemma please put me out of my misery. All best wishesLucy
I made my first chocolate cake - I have layered it with chocolate ganache (again another first) and covered it with ganache. I chilled it as usual and then covered it in white fondant. Normally I would leave the fondant to set overnight before I start decorating it but unfortunately I am up againt a tight deadline so I started covering it in green fondant stems - I used a little water to stick the green fondant to the cake. When I woke up this morning I found that a syrup...
Thank you so much to all who replied - you were absolutely right it was the condensation and once I left it to dry over night it was just fine. Phew! thank you for putting my mind at ease.
Hello all,I haven't been decorating cakes for very long so I may have made a novice error but for some reason the pink fondant I covered my victoria sponge in has become sticky to touch. I covered the cake in buttercream and then chilled it before I put the fondant on top. I haven't done anything I wouldn't usually and yet for some reason the fondant has become sticky. I am hoping it will dry out if I leave it in a cool place overnight. If anyone has any idea why it...
thank you so much!
I'm sorry to ask this question as I know I saw a similar one that had been answered and attached was a fabulous spreadsheet which calculated the cost of a cake. I cannot find it for the life of me on here and I have looked all over. If some one could point me in the right direction I would be very greatful. I am based in the UK and I think this particular spreadsheet was in dollars but I am sure it could be adapted for my purposes. All best wishes lucy