Posts by cakertainment

I take medication and my numbers aren't too bad (A1C 6.4) but it is tempting. I am going to just immediately throw scraps away. Someone made a good point....would they eat scraps in a commercial kitchen? Not usually or they shouldn't so why should I in my home when it is for a customer. So that gave me a whole new outlook. Oh and I want to mention I do not dip my fingers in icing or sit around and eat tons of cake. There is just times I crave sweets and of course it may...
Hi! I have been in business for close to 4 years. I am a licensed home baker and I have been very successful :-) My problem is I am a type 2 diabetic (found out 2 years ago) and I am asking what other diabetic bakers do to keep their hands away from cake scraps?? I do not over eat since I am very strict but I won't lie and say I never eat any cake or try icing. It is so tempting and I do not want to ever have to close my business but at times I feel it is better so I am...
Hi....thanks for reading. I currently rent space and I am apart of a "one stop wedding and event shop." We do not have a commercial kitchen there (mainly used to sell cupcakes out of and have consultations) so I am looking to rennovate a small space in my basement and have my own "commercial" kitchen. Does anyone have pictures they can share of their home kitchens? Any ideas? I have tried searching and can't find too much. I am curious how others set there work space up....
Thank you soooo much everyone! I did a little search on Facebook to see if I could find her and I sure did. She just seems like she is extremely miserable from posts I read. She just took it out on me. Funny how the bride I met with today loved the feel of coming to my home and booked on the spot, signed the contract and gave me a deposit! I love the response and I will be sure to keep this in case I ever need it. I decided that it is a waste of my time to reply as it...
Thank you for the feedback! I really appreciate it
Hi everyone! I had a possible bride inquire about my cakes and was interested in a tasting Feb. 4th. She seemed a little "bridezilla" in prior emails but when I told her that I work out of my home and did not have a storefront this is the email I got after I explain I can keep cost a little lower since I do not have overhead to pay and that there are many awesome home bakers everywhere. Oh and another email I received prior to this she stated how accomodating and...
Thanks for all the advice!! I will take all these ideas and run with it. I appreciate all the ideas and thanks again!!!
I am a vendor at a wedding expo in November and I am trying to plan on how todo things. I know I need at least 1000 samples, photos, dummy cakes, etc.....but does anyone have any advice to share on what else to do for the expo if you have ever been a part of one? What can I expect from being a vendor? Thanks for any and all advice
I am doing my first scroll print on a weding cake and I have looked allover for a stamp like scroll print. Any ideas where I can find one or a variety of scrolls?? Thanks for all your help Amy
Hi everyone.....I started my business about 4 months ago.....I have 3 weddings I am doing in Septemeber and 2 in November so I am starting out good. I want to start getting more business though what do others do to get more clients? I don't know how to go about talking to reception places or other wedding vendors....can you help please....thanks for any suggestions!! Have a goo day!