Posts by gatorgirl35

I have done the same thing and the simplest solution is to make some more SMBC and add the two batches together before adding vanilla to the second batch. Taste it after they have been combined and then only add an additional 1/4 tsp at a time until it tastes the way you would like. SMBC freezes well, so if doing it this way leaves you with too much frosting you can freeze the remainder for another project later on. One side note, I have read threads that say vanilla can...
I have never had to drive very far with my cupcakes but when I have alot of them I use the foil turkey roasting pans that you can buy at Walmart or any grocery store (cost about $2.50-$3.50 per pan) to put them in. They come with a cover so you can stack them and I usually can get about 20-25 regular sized cupcakes in a pan. If you do stack them you would want to put some of that non skid drawer liner stuff in between the pans so they dont slide off each other. I have had...
You may want to glaze the fruit, just dont use an exessive amount of glaze. It should keep the fruit looking beautiful and not "dried out" intil the cake is served. Here is a link for a glaze that has good reviews and you can see by the picture that they used it on top of a buttercream cake.http://www.food.com/recipe/clear-fruit-glaze-for-cakes-159419
This post rocks!! Thanks so much!!!!!
You are so right--there are some colors that are hard to achive!!!Whenever I have tried to mix my own black it is either more of a really dark grey or I have to use so much coloring gell it gets really sticky, so I am a big fan of buying premixed colors for both black and red (also a hard color for me to do). I personally like the Fonderific Buttercream flavor which comes in many colors, but I'm sure most of the brands carry premixed colors.
I need some info on frosting sheets as I have just started to use my printer and am new to this. The printer works great and the "frosting" came off of the backing wonderfully, but even though I placed the picture on the cookie immediatly after frosting(while the frosting was still wet), it still looked like a piece of paper on top of my cookie. I tried both royal and buttercream frostings. Is it just me or do they all look like that? I was expecting it to "melt" onto the...