Posts by cakelady2266

You're welcome. There are some great contracts in the sketches, templates and pattern gallery. And you can search the forums as well.
For every wedding or anniversary cake. For new customers that give me that weird cancel at the last minute vibe. Loyal and repeat customers aren't subject to contract.My contract terms goes a little like this:Deposit is non refundable.Details must be finalized 3 weeks before event. Changes after that date incur additional charges.Balance due 2 weeks before event. Acceptable methods of payments are (whatever method you accept) No exceptions.Cake stand, plates, forks, cake...
Oh and I forgot to mention this...it was important that the bark still be one it and intact.cakeyouverymuch....I'm from way down in the southern united states, we say all sorts of weird things. I got a million of them.lorieleann, you are blessed. With my luck they would have fallen off the back of the truck and through my windshield.
I mostly thought it was bizarre to ask the person who was making the cake to fire up their chainsaw and chop down a tree. Plus they thought that need to be part of the cake price.I've seen several of the tree slabs online for a hefty price. The ones I've seen are suited for smaller cakes. The base of her cake was 16 inches, that's pretty good size tree. And if it's a square cake, you need a whole lot bigger tree.Growing up I've seen my share of trees cut and it ain't...
I love to share. Today I'm sharing the crazy customer of the week. I had a meeting the other day with a bride and her mother, so far normal right? Okay so the theme of the wedding is rustic, wild flowers, mason jars, shabby chic. After the cake is decided the MOB ask me about the cake stand. I told her I no longer rented my silver stands, so providing the stand was up to them. So here is where is goes a little off the rails. MOB says "oh we want to use a piece of...
Oh and to help you set your limits and save your sanity I have 2 words of advice. (1) Deposit (2) Contracts. I have a simple contract but it states, 3 week before event everything has to be finalized and any and all changes after that time will subject to additional charges AND the balance has to be paid 2 weeks prior to event, unpaid balance equals no merchandise, no exceptions.This contract deals mainly with brides but I have used it for new customers that I got a bad...
Writing on cakes is hard basically because there is nowhere to rest your hand. Practice piping on some laminated sheets. Thin icing but not runny.There are also some impression letters and phrases out there. Pretty basic and you are limited on sizes.One thing you can do is print out the phase in what ever font you want (word processor in bold) tape it to cardboard, cover with wax paper and use melted chocolate in whatever color. It dries in just a few minutes.
Get a 6 inch stainless steel putty knife and a 6 inch foam paint roller. Don't wet the icing, knife or roller. Good luck.
Wrap them up well, use plastic food safe bags. And I'll let you in on a little secret, don't let the cake thaw first. Ice them frozen. They ice better and they are moister. After icing cakes frozen let them thaw before decorating, ganaching, or put fondant on. I swear by this. I do all my cakes this way. I have a bakery and been doing cakes 23 years.
It needs to be stiff. Stiff like this, is you squirt some icing in your hand and rolled it around it would form a ball and not be sticky. But not so hard or stiff you can't squeeze it out of a bag.Add more powdered sugar to the icing. If the edges of the petals get ragged add a little shortening. But no liquid.It's a trial and error process. Hang in there.