Posts by cakelady2266

scp1127...you're not a black cloud on the subject. I have rolled this idea around and keep chewing but I'm not ready to spit it out just yet. I'm still in the research process so your advise is very welcome. When I go into a store I pay close attention to others in there, what they are buying and their ages. I was surprised to see so many younger people (way under 45) buying what I would consider to be dated and not the current trend items. I'm not sure if that is all...
Sorry Jason that link took me to 16 ounce bottles of butter vanilla. The only gallon of anything from Magic Line was for 1 gallon of white icing for $50.00
Beautiful you did a great job.
I have a favor to ask....I have started another post in the cake decorating business forum and I really need some good input. It's the post "how do you buy supplies" I'm sorry but I don't know how to link it to this.
The mainstream stores within a 100 mile radius of me, like Wal-Mart, Hobby Lobby and Michael's carry only Wilton supplies. And everybody who has ever picked up a icing bag knows there is much better out there to be had. As far restaurant supply stores nearby, there are none. There is a cash and carry wholesaler that carries baking supplies but not bags, tips, boxes, pans and the like you would need to actually decorate a cake, cupcakes or cookies.I'm betting there...
There is one cake decorating supply store about 40 minutes away from me. They have been in business for about 40 years or more. They have always done a thriving business. I even took some classes there in 1990. The one thing I've noticed is they aren't staying current with the trends. Not many gumpaste cutters, books, tools etc...They are slow to order colors and flavorings when they are running low. They teach classes and sell cakes as well.As for Michael's,...
Do most of you buy your supplies online or from a storefront retailer in your area? Some of both? Stuff like pans, bags, tips, boxes, colors, cutters etc...I tend to buy most all my supplies from my local cake supply shop. But on occasion when they are out or it's something they don't carry, I order online. I hate ordering a $13 item and paying $10 in shipping, it gripes me. I have rolled the idea around in my head for several years of opening my own supply shop. ...
Most everybody has a Facebook page these days, maybe she does too. Check it out and see if she has cakes that looks something you sold her. Just a thought.
Someone was saying the producers of the storage shows plant some of that stuff in the units. I do know that after those shows came on I noticed a big turn out when local storage units went up for sale. I actually wanted to start bidding on them myself. I sure what folks are storing around here would be the same junk I've got in my attic.Annabakescakes....that's a thought.I watched the cake shows for a while, but they drove me crazy. All the "stuff" that they put on the...
I can truly say that I have dragged myself to my shop to work when I would have called in sick in a second if I'd had a real job.Glove and mask up for virus, cold. Get to the Dr. and get some meds for flu or infections. Maybe you can find a friend or neighbor to help out with some of it. If you have a local technical/trade school with a culinary arts program in your area, maybe the instructor could recommend one of the students who could help out somehow (cutting out...