Posts by sfandm

I have kept a monthly waste sheet of items thrown away that I did not sell, and need some help on figuring out how to do them on my taxes?   Any takers, your help is appreciated.   Thanks in advance
I made three different sheets using a font I have, so you can make snowflakes with royal icing if you want. I will try to make more this week and upload them for you to snag. Get 'em while they are here...   To use: print on full sheet of paper, slide under a sheet of wax paper, tape the wax paper in place, and pipe your RI over the designs. Place in fridge or leave on counter to dry, preferably overnight.   Happy piping!!!
You might also want to purchase Richards class at craftsy. I did last week and I am completely amazed at what I can do.
OK, LOOOOVE the flower. I went to the link you provided but could not find the tutorial to purchase. I would also like to know where you purchased the petal cutters from? I watched a similar tutorial from craftsy the other day, but like how yours turned out so much more. Would you mind sharing the website with me? Thanks for sharing, awesome job BTW.
And always charged a small rental fee for all your serving pieces, if they prefer to have someone else attend the buffet, get an adequate deposit to cover all you materials they are renting, they get a percentage back once it has been returned, undamaged.   ie. I had a bride a few years ago, who rented chair covers, linens, chair sashes. and other item from me, as well as lighting. She signed my contract stating that damaged or missing items would be charged in full....
I will concur. I just watched the whole thing, and I will watch it again this week.   She used wax paper, smeared a small bit of Crisco on the wax paper, laid the strips of fondant, chocolate clay, or other down in the pattern she wanted, brushed small amounts of Crisco on top, and then applied them to the cake. You can also use a 50/50 of corn syrup and water, or a sugar glue. After the design was applied, she wiped off the Crisco she could see with a small paint...
You should really think about doing Richards class on craftsy.com. It was awesome, and you can watch the lessons over and over again. He really opened my eyes to the whole TT concept. I am no longer afraid of making one. Best $$$ I ever spent.
You can always make your own also, which is so much cheaper. Hobby Lobby has the stuff and you can use a 40% off coupon, my set will make about 100-1-1/2" diameter molds, or less if the piece is larger. I think I paid $12 for the set, and it is food safe.   The jewelry section and miniature doill house section is always a good place to check, and if you visit etsy, do a search on cabachons (I think this is the correct spelling of it) they are the plastic looking...
Ok, I have not been on here lately due to large cupcake and other orders, but I am going to try the bc rose and kiss technique on Tuesday, I will try to videotape myself doing it with my ipad. I have read all the suggestions since my last post, and I think one of the problems I have been having is that I am trying to turn the bag, and I should be holding it still. My question is this tho:   Everyone is saying to use stiffer frosting than for piping a shell border. I...
And just my thought, I use the homemade recipe for cake pan spray, but I use a silicone brush to apply it.   1 cup each of flour, crisco, and oil, blend together till it looks like paste, and you can store it for months. I usually make a double batch and freeze half. It is awesome. Also, you want to hold your entire pan off your counter about 4" then drop it several times to the counter to even it out. At least that's how I do it.   If you half the recipe above...