Posts by cakes_rule

HI majka_ze , thanks for the tips. i'll try out your recipe for icing soon. could u tell me what is "white 100% fat"?i did try another icing recipe before which used flour.. but i ended up with grains of flour in the icing. i wonder what i did wrong.anyway, thanks again.
hey majka_ze, thanks alot for the tips 1 i tried the cake today and it turned out perfect! still alittle too sweeet for me though. but not dry ! iam really happy. thank you very mcuh !!BTW do u have any recipe that's less sweet? thanks a bunch !
great ! will get back to u with my result. thanks a ton !
hey majka_ze, thanks for your recipe, but could u give me one that uses all purpose flour? dont have cake flour in hand. thanks.
Thanks alot guys for the responses. as u can see i'm desperate to solve this problem. @ majka_ze; here is the recent recipe i've used is for Yellow cake recipe from the cook book 'better homes and gardens- New cook book".ingr: 3 cups all-purpose flour2 cups sugar1tbsp B.P.1.5cups milk.5 cup margarine/butter1.5tsp vanilla2 eggs in bowl combine flour, sugar, B.P. add milk, margarine, vanilla. beat with electric mixer on low speed till combined. beat on high speed for 2 min....
thanks alot for the tips guys. really appreciate it !
Hey guys, anyone please help me with my scratch cakes !! Whenever i make scratch cakes they turn out dry. what am i doing wrong? i've made thousands of box cakes and they're fine. i feel the box cakes are too sweet.. so i try to make scratch cakes with less sweetness. that's the only change i make in the recipes. if the recipe calls for 2 cups of sugar.. i put in 1.5 cups. could this be the reason for my dry cakes?? Please help !
hey,i'm new in this cake business, so i don't have a whole lot of idea about presenting them. i love decorating cakes. i've made a few for my family but one problem i'm facing is transporting them. Can anyone suggest me where i could find a cake box big enough to hold a regular sized doll cake? the ones i find aren't tall enough..thanks for your suggestions.Sadiehsan.