Posts by Chasey

Glad it worked out for you!   Just wanted to post a recipe I use for others seeking suggestions and opening this thread. :)   Use white chocolate pudding for an all white result. **************** From Wilton member Bunnywoman:   This is my favorite stabilized whip cream recipe. I have used this to frost many angel-food cakes. You can mix and match up the flavorings or puddings to your liking. It is very versatile. Bunny's Stabilized Whipped Cream 2...
http://www.amazon.com/LorAnn-Emulsions-Princess-Emulsion-4-Ounce/dp/B001IZBXAW
Sure!  It's moist and has a nice tang to it with the sour cream and pineapple.  I combined a couple of recipes.   Chasey's Carrot Cake 1 carrot cake box mix (the one I had on hand was 18 oz and DH) 1 cup of flour (sifted) 1 scant cup of white sugar 3 whole eggs 1 can (8 oz) of crushed pineapple with the liquid reserved 1 small baby food jar of carrots 2/3 cup of pineapple juice pressed from the can plus enough water to equal 2/3 cup total liquid 1 cup of sour cream 1 tsp...
My very un expert opinion is too much liquid.  I base that thought on a carrot cake recipe I just made last night.  It had just 2/3 cup of liquid due to the carrots and crushed pineapple adding moisture.  No oil either, just 8 oz of sour cream.   I added 1/2 tsp of baking powder.    Do you think they rose up too much with 2 tsp baking powder and then oozed out due to lack of height (plus too much liquid?)
Cream cheese is a very popular pairing with RV.  I would find a good flavoring (some use Lorann's Cheesecake oil) or a stabilized cream cheese recipe to use.  Earlene Moore's website has one, although I've never made it many others have!
It sounds like you could use a heating core.  Are you using one or metal flower nails to conduct heat to the center of the cake?  That will help you with cakes that are 10" and larger.
I would not be a fan of that combo.   My taste buds like cinnamon, vanilla or cream cheese with pumpkin.
Here is an example of a tasting plate that I think is well put together. It's from the website andeatittooYour client can make their own selection of cake, filling and icing while the labels will help keep it organized.
Another suggestion is candy melts or modeling chocolate. That would be the tastiest choice and very colorful. Here is an easy way to do them using spoons:http://www.bakerella.com/butterfly-cupcakes-and-some-fun-news/And here are more realistic looking ones:http://annies-eats.com/2009/05/26/butterfly-cupcakes/
I have baked the recipe below and it's true, they do not spread at all.From the Wilton forum:MELISSA'S SUGAR COOKIES 2 sticks of Land of Lakes sweet cream salted butter 1 large egg 1 cup of sugar vanilla-I don't measure-Just splash it in Mix until creamy 2 3/4 to 3 cups of plain flour Bake at 400 for 7 to 8 minutes MELISSA'S NOTES......... The dough should not be crumbly -- No need to chill this dough, you can use it from the bowl to rolling out. I use about 1/3 of the...