Posts by mom2twogrlz

Nope, not a fan at all. The taste is weird, and the texture is horrible. It is both of my daughter's favorite, and I don't understand. WHY???? I have tweeked the recipe so many times and just can't get it to something I am proud of. Oh well, everyone else likes it, so I guess that is all that matters. Maybe this southern girl just doesn't understand.
      Here is a picture
I just finished a little cake for one of my best friends. It is her in-law's 40th Anniversary. So she wanted a red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting. I HATE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING!!!!!!!! And I am not a big fan of red velvet cake either. So needless to say, I am not thrilled with it, but I guess it will do. I warned her I that I HATE piping cream cheese frosting, and that it is not my strong point. Not to mention I had a super hard workout, making my arms jello, so...
Yep. Just swap the colors.
Thank you! It was a fun one.
I just finished a cake for my friend's girlfriend. All I was told is that she likes owls, frogs, wildflowers, teal, mauve, and taupe.... I love it when my friends give me free reign on the design. What do you guys think???? So now I get get sit down and enjoy the rest of the night with my family. YAY!!! http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2413926/whoos-40
Thank you Elcee. This is a fondnat cake also, so I am hoping it will be ok. Thank you so much.
That is what I am worried about sweettooth101. I have heard of people doing it, and I have put 2D figures in thr fridge without any problems, but I am a little nervous about the flowers. Has anyone ever done this and had success when they came out??
I would like to put the flowers I made on my cake right now, but it will be chilled overnight. Can I put dried flowers that I made of fondant mixed with Tylose into the fridge. They were made yesterday, so they are completely dry now. I would hate to pull it out tomorrow and have them go limp on me. TIA
It just depends on how big you need the balloons to be. I made some on a wire and they were just fine. Like Pam1976 said, make sure your wire is thick enough and that they dry on the wire for a few days.