Posts by mom2twogrlz

Thank you so much for your reply Mel37. I ended up melting it down again and using it un-whipped.
HELP!!! I wanted to pipe some whipped ganache on my cupcakes, but when I started my mixer it immediately got grainy. This has never happened right away before, but instead if I walked away and mixed it too long.    Is there a quick fix??? I don't have time or supplies to make another batch or to switch to buttercream.    Thanks for any and all help!!!!
Nope, not a fan at all. The taste is weird, and the texture is horrible. It is both of my daughter's favorite, and I don't understand. WHY???? I have tweeked the recipe so many times and just can't get it to something I am proud of. Oh well, everyone else likes it, so I guess that is all that matters. Maybe this southern girl just doesn't understand.
      Here is a picture
I just finished a little cake for one of my best friends. It is her in-law's 40th Anniversary. So she wanted a red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting. I HATE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING!!!!!!!! And I am not a big fan of red velvet cake either. So needless to say, I am not thrilled with it, but I guess it will do. I warned her I that I HATE piping cream cheese frosting, and that it is not my strong point. Not to mention I had a super hard workout, making my arms jello, so...
Yep. Just swap the colors.
Thank you! It was a fun one.
I just finished a cake for my friend's girlfriend. All I was told is that she likes owls, frogs, wildflowers, teal, mauve, and taupe.... I love it when my friends give me free reign on the design. What do you guys think???? So now I get get sit down and enjoy the rest of the night with my family. YAY!!! http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2413926/whoos-40
Thank you Elcee. This is a fondnat cake also, so I am hoping it will be ok. Thank you so much.
That is what I am worried about sweettooth101. I have heard of people doing it, and I have put 2D figures in thr fridge without any problems, but I am a little nervous about the flowers. Has anyone ever done this and had success when they came out??