Posts by tsal

thanks for the replies, everyone!
Is it the diamond rolling pin, the diamond 'quilter' tool, or the diamond impression mat?Or should I just break out the ruler and use my quilting-wheel fondant tool?
Hi,I just read somewhere that it's not a good idea to eat too much lustre dust so it should be used sparingly. Anyone else ever read this? Why would that be?
Cakesrock: how much do they charge you for the image?
Thanks!
Hi,I don't have an edible images printer, but the shop that does kids' cakes in my area does. I was planning on doing an anniversary cake for my inlaws and am contemplating putting a royal icing framed picture of them on the cake.My question is: supposing that the shop agreed to print up an edible image for me - is it possible to put it in tupperware to take home right away, or do these images have to be put on the cake immedately?Thanks.
Thanks!
Hi,I'm new to gum paste flowers. What type of floral wire is best, and do I need tape too? If so, which kind?Thanks!
7 - 11 ??!! Wow - you are brave (and talented)!! Should I chill the cake prior to torting? Obviously, I know that it has to be completely cooled from baking, but is there any benefit to refrigerating it a bit? I'd think that it would be easier to torte.
Hi,I'm trying my hand at putting more than one layer of filling in a tier. I was thinking of torting so that there are 3 layers of filling in one tier. I see that some people get more in there, but it must be tricky handling those really thin layers. Any advice/wisdom/links would be most welcome.