Posts by Mrs_O

i also use the premium icing sheets and gold ink from icing images. i love their customer service anytime i have a problem. BUT i am also using the canon pixma mg5220 and have a lot of problems with the printer. most times getting it to recognize the cartridges is a huge nightmare and now i am looking into other options. i am assuming it is the printer. is there another canon printer that is more reliable? i print too many edible images at our shop to worry about whether...
It wasn't just for display cause they pulled on out to put on our cupcake. It was the little 1inch or so different shaped sugars that they make for all kind of occasions. I just thought it was so cute. It doesn't seem like it would be worth it to have to pack them all up everyday as they probably had a good 100-150 designs to choose from. That would also be a lot of boxes to keep in storage somewhere. Maybe it would be easier to start on a smaller scale. I just didn't know...
Piecaken, you know like how a chicken baked inside of a duck baked inside of a turkey is a Turducken. Perfect!
I recently stopped into a few cupcake shops while on vacation to generate ideas and taste cupcakes I didn't have to make (actually kind of nice) In one cute little shop they had their register on top of a glass display case similar to one from a jewelry store. Not anything fancy or your typical bakery case but what was so neat is they had all their cupcake sugars (toppers) laid out for display. It was so cute and I know if I were to do something similar I would easily up...
Hey wespam, sorry to just now be replying to this. We are located in east central alabama, in Oxford. Nice to see someone else from Bama on here!
ok, all you lovely cake decorators. At my shop, we are currently using the Pillsbury sugar free vanilla and chocolate icings for our diabetic customers out there. Everyone loves the taste and it goes over very well. The problem is that it takes so much to ice a cake with and my store doesnt always seem to keep it in stock. I have recipes for lots of sugar free icing choices that we could scratch make, but they are all a whipped texture. The pillsbury is thick like regular...
Thanks all for the wonderful help! The show was Sunday and I asked the question a little late but I did manage to figure something out. I didnt have time to order the sheets of RKT from food service and I just wasnt liking the look of any of the homemade recipes I tried (although I have sense saved the website posted, thank you). I already had the styrofoam dummy so i knew i just needed to get something to cover the outer part. I found that the pre-packaged RKT from...
Thanks all! I am really wanting to do this for a dummy cake for a show so at least I can just use the ready made treats to cover the styrofoam dummy. I cant wait to see what it looks like!
ok all you guys and gals out there. I found this awesome pic of a tiered cake made out of rice krispies and I must make one of these. It is so cool. Ive been trying using my homemade treats and they are coming out way too white. I will try to post the pic of what I want it to look like and it doesnt look so white. Ive already cut the marshmallow way down and it is almost not enough to stick the cereal together. Thought I would ask for any other ideas of how these get...
replied to pm this morning. thanks