Posts by newbaker55

A frozen buttercream transfer might be the easiest way to go.   http://www.cakecentral.com/article12-How-To-Create-a-Frozen-Buttercream-Transfer.html   Good luck & be sure to post a pic of your cake!
I could hardly wait for The Mat to be available...I was drooling! The UPS gods would soon deliver the answer to my fondant prayers.   Yes, I 'primed' with shortening and wiped off most. Yes, I gave it a fair chance to 'season'. Yes to all the tips and tricks I learned on YouTube. The Mat performs...I just hate storing the damned thing(s)...it's like trying to re-fold a map. I can NEVER get the corners to meet or get it rolled right to put back in the frickin'...
Hold that thought BomCakes...I used a French Vanilla DH a couple weeks ago (for an enhanced cake with the instant pudding, oil & extra egg...pound cake type) and didn't have any problems. The FV is a signature DH mix and I haven't noticed any changes in those (and I've also use the Spice, Lemon and Pineapple), just the Classics.   Since a shell and gumminess/underdone-ish stuff is going on maybe it's your oven? Have you checked the temp accuracy lately? I know some...
If you're using the version that begins with a mix, that could be the culprit.   My problems started with the smaller,(16 or so oz from the original18.25 oz) DH Classic flavor box mixes (PB & BC changed as well)...not only did they  contain less product, the formula was fiddled with and it SUCKS.   I first noticed the day I made a Devil's Food version of the WASC...always had wonderful results before. I thought I did something wrong, but couldn't imagine what as...
IMHO it looks and sounds like the answer is 'yes' to all your questions...maybe just adjusting the baking time according to the pan sizes you want to use.   I may have to give this one a try myself   It might even taste better than fresh at 2 days old provided it doesn't sit naked in the fridge
I use a comination of strips and flower nails...works every tme :)   BTW...I always managed to stick my finger when using the T pin that comes with the Wilton strips. fixed that problem AND got a better join by using a metal binder clip from office supplies :)
Usually, allowing the mousse to come to room temp. does the trick. HTH :)
GREAT job! Keep up the good work
Warm sample in the microwave a few seconds at a time then knead it and see if that helps.
Gotcha! The PB consistency will stay put.     Thinking out loud here as I haven't piped with the whipped version...when you make your icing, maybe whip up a bit of it. The color will be the same but a lighter shade and could be an interesting contrast to the PB consistency rosettes. It might be a good idea to do a practice whipped rosette to see how it holds up at room temp.     Just curious...Does she also want a chocolate taste for the colored WC ganache?...