Posts by KerrieD

Thanks Traci_doodle - I just bought them. Price is good at Sur L T.
Thanks Traci_doodle - I just bought them. Price is good at Sur L T.
I have 7" flower nails and I wash them by hand but they are sort of discolored and look like they rusted a little. I used a scouring pad and it is still like that. Has this happened to anyone...is it safe...are there other nails other than the heating core?TIA
I'm making a pool cake. I was thinking of coloring piping gel blue. Will this be ok on top of a fondant covered cake? I'm thinking the gel sort of liquifies the fondant...is that correct?What would be the best method?TIA
I need to make gluten and dairy free cupcakes. I'm not very knowledgeable about this.Is buttercream icing gluten free if made with only shortening? Sorry for the next silly question...but I just want to make sure...dairy free creamer IS dairy free...correct? What about the cake mixes? Anything I should or shouldn't do?TIA
I have this cookbook but I can't find it! ARRRRGG! I NEED the recipe for the Coconut Pecan Frosting that goes with the red velvet cake recipe.TIA
I know nothing about the Cricut or any other similar type of program other than it cuts shapes. Do they cut fondant/gumpaste? Special programs?For instance, I needed a Gucci logo so I got one off the internet and cut it out from gumpaste. It was a pain - jaggy edges. Would "the program" do this?Please...I need all the help I can get!!!!!!TIA
I'm making a round cake, covering with fondant and I'm going to quilt the sides. I want it to look like a gift box with a lid but I don't want another layer of fondant/gumpaste on top. I was thinking of putting a 1" border around the top edge - but how would I create the edge? TIA
I'll be doing a very small "potty" cake later. So for the tank - I made 2 - 8 X 8" squares and cut them in half to get 4 - 4 X 8" rectangles. Do I just make it a 4 layer or do I need to seperate and secure/support it? I just need some height.TIA
Ok - how do you create a smooth loop/swirl?