Posts by carmijok

I used to have the TV on but I discovered I work best in complete silence.  I usually am up very late at night working when I have a cake to do and I stay focused more and work more quickly if it's quiet.  Of course it's hard to turn off my brain which is solving personal as well as world problems...which may be why the other stuff was a distraction! ;D
I did a fairy cake for a little girl a couple of years ago.  I loved doing it.  Instead of a fairy you could make your figure sitting atop or beside her house.  Or having a picnic on top of the tree house...  HTH!            
I actually was referring to Cake Central when I said fellow CC'er! I've done a few cupcakes but am mostly a hobby cake decorator. I'll look for the hot pink cage...it sounds cute!
Thanks! I love the hat too, but it was a bear making it.
I have one.  I've only used it a couple of times but I think I did a pretty good job making the figure.  I'd be happy to do one for you if you're still interested.  PM me if you are!   Here's the most recent baby...it's on my 'baby jungle cake' in my photos.
Here is my recipe for the buttercream I use as my go-to for all my cakes and it's perfect on red velvet and carrot cakes because it has cream cheese in it...it's a crusting frosting that holds up well to fondant decor...and it's delicious.  I got the recipe from a bakery I worked for that used it all the time.   2 sticks (8 ounces) of real butter (I use salted Land 'o Lakes) 1 8 ounce package of cream cheese 2 pound package of powdered sugar.   Cream softened cream...
I'm from Tulsa too and am thinking about attending the Vintage Market.  Where will you be located?  If I decide to go I'd love to stop by and say hi to a fellow CC'er.    I really don't have much to offer in the way of how many cupcakes you need to bake, but like others have said you can get an idea as to how many you  might need after the first day.    Yes, I know the hours are different the first day but you can estimate it by adding up how many were sold during that...
One way to combat this happening again is to post a calendar on your website that shows what dates are filled--or nearly full.  If you have a facebook account,  post on your timeline whenever a weekend...or month is completely booked and encourage others to order early so as not to miss out!    That way NO one should take it personally and you merely have to refer them to the calendar if they get their nose out of joint.    Just a thought!
Cream cheese frosting left out will not spoil in a few hours. Sugar is a preservative. If cream cheese spoiled that quickly, no one could eat cheese balls or any cream cheese based food item at room temp. In fact, you couldn't leave the cream cheese out to soften before you even make the frosting! I use cream cheese in my b/c frosting and it tastes so much better at room temperature which is why I deliver a cold cake at least an hour before an event to give it time to...
Unless you do something to create balance at the bottom, I too think it's a bit too large. But what gorgeous flowers!