Posts by carmijok

'Tarting' means cutting a layer In half...not up and down...but sideways...so you can fill it. I think you're thinking of torts....those little pie thingys.
.Only if you tart it. I tart one layers sometimes to give a cake more layers. I charge less for one layer cakes....unless I tart them.
I thought a 9" was 'party"size and a 10" was only for weddings. I'm confused too pastrypet.
I get people asking all the time for a regular size cake...so I usually do a 6" round. Then I hear it wasn't big enough! How do know what size to make?I get people asking all the time for a regular size cake...so I usually do a 6" round. Then I hear it wasn't big enough! How do know what size to make?
OK but I really don't want to do all that figuring out stuff.  Can't someone just say what an average cake costs?  It would be a lot easier on me if they did. 
I'm so happy you asked this question!  I've been wondering what to charge for my cakes too!   Surely there's an average price people use.  I mean all cakes cost about the same to produce don't they?  Ingredients, location and skill, labor and overhead are equal for everyone right?  I suppose I could do my own research...but hey this will be much easier!  Especially since it's never been addressed on this site before--well maybe it has--but I don't want to look for it.  ...
Tsk, tsk... someone has a dirty imagination!  lol!Why Think Foolishly?
If I bring margaritas can I come? To heck with cookies!
Me too!  and it drives me crazy...but those people aren't asking for opinions or advice. If they did, they'd get the same responses as are on here now.Do you have the raw talent to do this?  In a word 'yes'.  I think that's what you want to know and it's my opinion that you do.  Now...what are you going to do to improve on it?  And how are you going to handle honest critiques?  That's the next step in your journey.  You  mentioned that if someone wants to buy a cake based...
Bravo sixinarow!!  We should cut and paste this on every thread about this subject!  It's a respectful viewpoint from someone in the trenches.   This should be required reading for all newbies!