Posts by sweetsomething

Thanks everyone for the positive comments. I learned some valuable lessons from this experience. When I replaced the top tier, I did put a small circle of cardboard on top and covered it with white buttercream before I put the topper back on. It held up nicely the rest of the night. By the way, the topper was purchased by the bride so I felt obligated to use it. Not a very good one either.
Here is my first attempt at a wedding cake. I tried to keep it simple and everything went fine until I got to the reception place and after I stacked the tiers, I put the topper on and had trouble from there. The topper was long and did not have a good base. So I pushed on it a little thinking that would help it stand. Well the fondant started cracking right away. I had some buttercream and filled in the cracks and tried to stop what I knew was coming. Eventually the...
I was extremely interested in the topic of your first wedding cake because I too have been asked to make a wedding cake in November that will be my first. Mine will need to feed about 100 so a little smaller than yours. The couple want something very simple, all in white. Please let me know how your cake was received. I have just found Cake Central and am thrilled to be a part of this great community.